edmund and lukee meet gus

sus

Luke flirted with a handsome (Afro-American expat, altho of course his race not important) bartender. But he was just incredibly thick. The densest man I've ever met. I gave him six quid for a £5.70 drink and it took him several minutes to figure out change. He pawed at the cash register for a while trying different coin combinations and eventually had to take out his phone calculator. I couldn't understand what the heron saw in him. But now I think it's about magicianship reveling in its own dexterity

sus

Yes that's true Luke wasn't very interested in me, I wasn't offended really, but all he could talk about was Ian Champion. Clearly some sort of hex-like psychic transference occured and it's messed with his head ever since. Edmund too.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Luke flirted with a handsome (Afro-American expat, altho of course his race not important) bartender. But he was just incredibly thick. The densest man I've ever met. I gave him six quid for a £5.70 drink and it took him several minutes to figure out change. He pawed at the cash register for a while trying different coin combinations and eventually had to take out his phone calculator. I couldn't understand what the heron saw in him. But now I think it's about magicianship reveling in its own dexterity
TBF it's probably tricky to use UK coinage when you're used to coins called sensible things like 'nickel' and 'quarter', while we perversely insist on giving them obscure nicknames like '10p'.

Also I'm impressed at there being anywhere in London in 2024 where you can get a drink for under 6 quid (assuming this wasn't a Spoons).

Reactions: sus

sus

His sex charisma is mad. Luke said he's never been rejected or humiliated and he can pick up a new pair each night like that, nothing special even. Not even any work, just a few words. Old school charm. Cigar and whisky and smooth jazz