GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
Frisco is in BBK

yeah ok. whatever. he's not that good imo. and he rarely turns up with the more obvious bbk mcs. anyway it's skepta, prez t and essentials i want to see.

tune id please: prez t & skepta mcing, trumpet fanfare on the beat, chorus "wanna clash skepta? it's live. wanna clash president? it's live" ?? HEAVY tune.

i don't mind that purple tune. big up dj magic for the mentions! what drives me crazy is purple's partner in grime, i think he's called g double. he has this thing where he just says "big step, small step" over and over again. NO! STOP IT! PLEASE STOP IT!

see.

tune id please: prez t & skepta mcing, trumpet fanfare on the beat, chorus "wanna clash skepta? it's live. wanna clash president? it's live" ?? HEAVY tune.

sounds like Large Way - out on Adamantium 4 i think. it is a Heavy Tune, fucking love it.

"ok ok ok then!"

pres t has got quite a few good tunes under him, feeling his flows lately - large way, this little yout, heard what you said

has he got any plans to drop a mixtape?

gumdrops

i think prez t is quite terrible. i remember him on that xmas show roll deep did where his timing was shoddy and he sounded like he had only been rapping for about a month. didnt seem confident at all.

i think prez t is quite terrible. i remember him on that xmas show roll deep did where his timing was shoddy and he sounded like he had only been rapping for about a month. didnt seem confident at all.

his off timing and lack of confidence is exactly his appeal to me, he doesnt fit the norm - seems to get crowded out compared with the more polished flows of skepta etc..

hes just come out of jail hasnt he, maybe a year or so ago - and am i right in thinking hes a fair bit older than his bbk mates? sounds like it from what ive heard, its good to have a bit of diversity in the scene.

on a dubstep vs. grime tip - i downloaded this today and was very surprised to hear a young Birmingham mc going by the name of Deadly (check track 10 DEVelopment) to be using a dubstep track as a backdrop for vicious hype bars.

im not saying his bars are good, they arent - still interesting to see he picked a dubstep tune.I cant for the life of me remember what its called - it must be by loefah or dmz surely...tune id anyone?

Deadly - Shank Anybody
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7fo0uq

Noah Baby Food

That's the first time I'd heard that stageshow riddim business. I like it, dunno what to make of it though, it's fucking mental really innit...hehe

benjybars

village elder.
the same mc...no timing or skill but they have the 'weight' behind their words by going inside and being above the age of most mc's

anyway I'm sure...in fact I know you lot will like this

http://www.myspace.com/thenasashow

enjoy

hahah.. skepta is not messing around with this stage show business..

i like pres t most of the time.. definitely comes different.. WAY better than kronik!

@ mos dan - yeah g double LOVES saying 'big step, small step'... i wonder why?! (he hosted ok @ dirty canvas though)

dirty canvas

pretty disappointing really - no show from Skepta or Prez T, JME turns up 10 mins before the end, doesnt really do much, Frisco cant hold a show on his own, Goldielocks PA abysmal, Essentials crowded off the mic, no one brings a dj so magic is on the decks for 4 hours or so, soundsystem is badly eq'd - too much emphasis on bass, i couldnt even hear the synths on Who's Mercs? - what a joke. Definately not value for money, the ICA is the worst place to host that kind of night, it felt decadent.

That being said, the Newham Generals did show and lit up the place - they saved the day, along with a Flowdan 16bar "I just need to say hEy YOH!!!!" Double and Foots knew how to work the place, they made the other mc's look weak. When Double made his way to the front and said "oh my gosh" it went off, magical.

im not sure if i'll go to any more of these, that was my first one at the ICA, but i saw Essentials at Whitechapel Art Gallery a while back (what is the obsession with posh art galleries hosting this?) and that was way better, more space to move.

Grime needs something better than this. Hardly a decent showcase for the talent on offer.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Acts not turning up and bring ins MCs hogging the mic are unfortunate and also not really something the promoters can do anything about.

Hopefully with some creative booking the night can continue to be a positive

mos dan

fact music
re: art galleries, i'm sure bun-u would tell you himself that they are simply the most willing (or least unwilling) to put grime nights on, sadly enough. how was rhythm factory in terms of the venue's willingness bun-u? was extra security 'needed' according to the venue? will they have you back? do you want to go back?

anyone know how the stage-show tour is going to work in terms of security/cooperation from 5-0? or is it just going to avoid london? :(

UFO over easy

online mahjong
so then what are you going to do? sue the artists?

I doubt you've had the right kind of experience to comment on these kinda things sickboy. Putting on a UK artist in toronto is very different to putting something on in London. You're hardly going to no-show if you've flown thousands of miles to get to the gig..

bun-u

Trumpet Police
RF were pretty cool tbf dan, we're wanting to do more there but their available dates are few and far between (next one Aug hopefully).

Sat night wasn't our best one but there was alot of behind-the-scenes fuckery that kinda poisoned the night's astmosphere....over-zealous ICA 'manager' wanted the whole thing locked down before midnight for a couple of kids bunning zoots. He also shut the doors on the capacity being reached at 12...which is fine except we had to do some serious beggin for the likes of JME, D Double and Footsie to get in - not a good look.

Though listening back to the recordings (having missed most of it live) there were some decent performances.

Would love to have some ideas of other venues where we could run this? I think the DC brand strong enough not to have to worry about having to be at any name venues or immeditely central locations

....over-zealous ICA 'manager' wanted the whole thing locked down before midnight for a couple of kids bunning zoots.

the slight smell of weed in the air was a welcome addition - smoking ban really kills atmosphere

i hadnt realised that the ica were being such cocks, and yeah there were a few decent performances, thank god the let double and foots in.

i cant help but think of the way dubstep started out in clubs... a regular 3rd bass night would be great for grime i reckon, if brixton is too way out then maybe take the same spatial characteristics into consideration.

a smallish venue but roomier than the ICA, with a decent soundsystem

cant think of any names offhand - but didnt Skepta book out Club333 for his birthday, and where was Straight Outta Bethnal held?

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Straight Outta Bethnal was kicked out of the 333 for some nothing incident and is generally a no-go for street music