GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
LOL@arranging a contract for Dirty Canvas bookings.

Do you people have any idea how little money is involved and how much work Dave and Magic put in already to it?

And even with a contract....ould would they do if someone doesn't turn up? Not pay them? They don't get paid unless they turn up anyway!

zhao

there are no accidents
what do people think of Jah War, the new Bug tune freaturing FloDan????

massive in my estimation.

perfect fusing of grime / dubstep and rasta ting.

mos dan

fact music
i cant help but think of the way dubstep started out in clubs... a regular 3rd bass night would be great for grime i reckon, if brixton is too way out then maybe take the same spatial characteristics into consideration.

3rd bass is an amazing venue, great system, nice size. (tho i'm biased because brixx is closer to me than shoreditch/central ldn.) there are so many cops in brixton on a saturday night anyway because of all the clubs, i would've thought it'd make the enterprise safer - and appear safer - anyway.

what about the venue in soho where we had 7yearglitch VS dirty canvas? that was nice in a vaguely blingy old skool ukg style.

big up dave and magic every time: i will complain and complain about the lack of live grime all day long but i've got to hold my hands up and say i don't have an answer to the 'well why don't you organise a night yourself then?' question.

anyone know who's organising the stageshow tour? is there a booking agent or promotion team behind it?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Seb Zero - Ground Zero

Wiley - Tunnel vol 6 and Umbrella vol 1

For new talent check out Chipmunk's CD, as well as the forthcoming Griminal & Little Nasty CD 'Hungry Season'

L Man - New Age Army drops very soon

P Jam has a production CD nearly finished

And of course you need Ghetto - Ghetto Gospel and Scorcher - Leader Of The New School in your lives

mos dan

fact music
What's the deal with the stageshow tour Dan?

It's discussed upthread i think, but BBK and friends reinvigorate live grime with a bit of quality control, basically:

http://www.myspace.com/thenasashow

All based around the Stageshow Riddim of course. It would feel a bit more significant if they were able to put a show on in London. Gah.

Just ordered that Seb Zero mixtape, should be good. I think there's a lot of talent in the Hazzardous/South Agents/South Soldiers camps. I wish some of their more minor MCs would put the work in and write more bars: the odd random 16s you hear on Hazzardous Sessions or Bossman's show are big. I can't think who I mean right now..

viktorvaughn

Seb Zero - Ground Zero

Wiley - Tunnel vol 6 and Umbrella vol 1

For new talent check out Chipmunk's CD, as well as the forthcoming Griminal & Little Nasty CD 'Hungry Season'

L Man - New Age Army drops very soon

P Jam has a production CD nearly finished

And of course you need Ghetto - Ghetto Gospel and Scorcher - Leader Of The New School in your lives

Cheers for those Logan. Don't think i'll be picking up the new Ghetts one as i found his last one well boring. He's one of those MCs for me who is amazing in small doses (his recent slew of Will was incredible i thought) but just bores me fully over a mixtape.

Definatly be looking out for Wileys stuff.

gumdrops

some proper lengman mc-ing here. this is one thing that pisses me off about grime. everyone only talks about the big names. guys like this never get a look in or get mentioned. its a shame.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
so then what are you going to do? sue the artists?

I doubt you've had the right kind of experience to comment on these kinda things sickboy. Putting on a UK artist in toronto is very different to putting something on in London. You're hardly going to no-show if you've flown thousands of miles to get to the gig..

I am referring to what I've seen with rock promoters dealing with dealing bands in Toronto. I've just noticed a big difference between the formality you find in underground rock music when it comes to putting on a show, and the total lack of it when it comes to underground dance music.

Promoters I know who are dealing with regular bands from around the way here get promoter insurance, contracts sorted and all sorts. In a lot of cases, some bands can get fined for not showing up to compensate expenses paid in advertising or in a hurt reputation on the promoter's part.

I am not drawing from my own experience here.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
some proper lengman mc-ing here. this is one thing that pisses me off about grime. everyone only talks about the big names. guys like this never get a look in or get mentioned. its a shame.

I completely and utterly want to work with them, if anyone's got a connect I'd be truly greatful, that's quite something.

gumdrops

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...n=CF834C88-E427-4CD3-932E49B33DC2D1EB44814348

this isnt a 'great' performance technically, just cos they keep shouting and cant stick on beat cos they get too excited, but this looks so so good! i would kill to see this. just for the 'doing it again doing it again!' bit. skepta is so hyper lol.

kano on logans show - http://www.sendspace.com/file/z4la6x

i know some ppl on rwd were dissapointed with it (i thought he would ride stage show better personally) but hes still got it IMO. dizzee on the other hand...

if anyone happens to have the mp3 of kano on the heartless show from when his album came out, i would be your best friend forever if someone could post a link. ;)

Last edited: