GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
rahul verma: he's a nice guy, i used to work with him at Knowledge Mag. Metro - that's preaching to the unconverted!

totally. he did a round up of grime mixtapes a while back, i even saved the page somewhere i was so impressed with seeing grime in that context.

i think as soon as you say 'mixtape' or 'mix-CD' to most arts eds they just shut down; as you've said before martin their cultural hemispheres (normally white m/c men in their 40s) are not remotely the same as grime's, they don't want to expend the energy to understand different mechanisms for cultural expression.

because they are WASTEMEN!

lol.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
Definitely excited about how 2007 is shaping up.

Especially the general availability of the music. 2, 3 years ago it was bits and bobs but theres a huge pool of music floating around on the net now.

viktorvaughn

huzzah indeed.

they have officially commissioned a wiley feature from me, but they won't run it until closer to the release date of the album. i swear to god i think my relentless pestering might have paid off finally.

also worth noting is the guy in the metro (rahul something i think) who keeps bigging grime up and generally has the right idea.

Big ups for the Grauniad thing!

The Guide can be surprisingly on point sometimes. I remember about a year or 2 ago it slating people dressed head to toe in BAPE clothing (and footwear!) and leafing through FHM (what an awful rag that is) and it was bigging up Bathing Ape as some ultra obscure cult label when half the big name rappers were plastered in it.

tom pr

from "the guide" in the guardian on saturday in a review of just jack:
"Plan B. Jamie T. Example. Scroobius Pip. When did British rappers all get so ... white? Listening to Just Jack is like overhearing the vapid mobile chatter of some manboy stoner in a Ladbroke Grove pub while a jazz-funk track trills offensively in the background, ie: worse than a bladder stone. Grime legend Wiley has already released three albums this year and he was supposed to have retired in January. Go and listen to them all before subjecting yourself to another second of Just Jack's life-sapping drivel."
Obviously all true, but that Scroobius Pip song is amazing...

gumdrops

has anyone seen the rwd site? its full of fucking indie artists. theres even an update on the libertines! (who i like but this is meant to be rwd, the key to the underground, isnt it?) WTF happened?

gumdrops

oh i see. its weird that that is the default section that uploads when you type the site in your browser though. thought it would be the 'uk' section.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
That isn't the default section. I mean they have only uploaded the Alt. news articles this morning, so thats all you see on the front page

john eden

male pale and stale
Any new mixtapes I should be adding to my UKrecordshop order? I have the Trim one.

Is the Kano any good?

What's the best JME/Boybetterknow to get after Poomplex?

viktorvaughn

Any new mixtapes I should be adding to my UKrecordshop order? I have the Trim one.

Is the Kano any good?

What's the best JME/Boybetterknow to get after Poomplex?

The Mercston one is excellent.

Wiley's Tunnel Vision 1 and 2.

Presume you have Guns n Roses 1 and 2? Definite essentials.:cool: