GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
some proper lengman mc-ing here. this is one thing that pisses me off about grime. everyone only talks about the big names. guys like this never get a look in or get mentioned. its a shame.

.........!

maybe you could get their details off of the library?/credit? card they hold up at the end

mos dan

fact music
Tinchy Stryder

anyone catch him on Logan?

that new Maniac tune is INCREDIBLE ('Mainstream Money', 45mins in roughly).

his album preview didn't have Mainstream Money on, but it's a few months off yet still so I'm sure it could be added.

given the poor quality of his mixtapes, his album's really surprisingly good imo (great track with Goldilocks), i'll do a full write-up when Alex gets back from India with my copy, damn him.

viktorvaughn

'Confused like mixed-breed dogs locked down in the basement'

How good is that line!!! I can't imagine ever not liking Wiley when he has so many sick lines up his sleeve.

Been revisiting Da 2 Phaze (and the Bootleg which seems better?) and Tunnel Vision 1 and 2 and there is some top notches material on there. Such a shame it got a bit drowned out by some dross on the next 3 volumes.

What's the tune where Wiley replies to Dizzee's hype talk over the same beat?

that new Maniac tune is INCREDIBLE ('Mainstream Money', 45mins in roughly).

im so e3 im bow e3 - like the little reference
though im feeling bowe3 more than this one - its still big, feels epic

has anyone heard the joker ep? this reminds me of stuck in the system crossed with low deep or mr slash when hes not too bouncy

nice to have the pace back on the track, sounds of frenzy and desperation

petergunn

plywood violin
finally peeped the Joker EP...

you can def. make a sub-genre of grime of people like him, Mr. Slash, Raptor, and Virgo who love to use orchestral plug-ins, epic progressions, yet still work in a 4 or 8 bar format...

i can't say i heard anything in the record that seperates him from the above... it's grime made by kids who grew up listening to Dipset, Kanye, Paul Wall, Chamillionaire, just as much as Wiley and Jammer...

incidentally, i finally found out that Ruff Squad's "Guns N Roses" is a Heatmakerz beat... i was at a friends house listening to records and he put it a Heatmakerz record on and my jaw dropped... i always thought that was a Rapid beat!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
finally peeped the Joker EP...

you can def. make a sub-genre of grime of people like him, Mr. Slash, Raptor, and Virgo who love to use orchestral plug-ins, epic progressions, yet still work in a 4 or 8 bar format...

Cast Iron and Dexplicit as well, I really like all that stuff.

gumdrops

not really into that mainstream money track. apart from the retarded message of the chorus (getting mainstream money? yawwnnn), the beat just sounds like all those orchestral-stringsed out beats i fucking hate and like a heatmakers beat vaguely rapid-ified.

rapid does it for me almost every time.
i think its nice to have that uplifting/epic/orchestral track to offset the gritty/funky one
although too much mr slash/ironsoul/lowdeep isnt fun - just need to find a balance between the two

really liking that joker ep - the first two tracks the most - he's definately got more rhythms and sounds going on in his tracks than other producers making similar stuff. seems a lot more comprehensive - reminds me a bit of burial in a way

don_quixote

Trent End
from "the guide" in the guardian on saturday in a review of just jack:
"Plan B. Jamie T. Example. Scroobius Pip. When did British rappers all get so ... white? Listening to Just Jack is like overhearing the vapid mobile chatter of some manboy stoner in a Ladbroke Grove pub while a jazz-funk track trills offensively in the background, ie: worse than a bladder stone. Grime legend Wiley has already released three albums this year and he was supposed to have retired in January. Go and listen to them all before subjecting yourself to another second of Just Jack's life-sapping drivel."

surely that's not following the editorial line? :/

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
"Plan B. Jamie T. Example. Scroobius Pip. When did British rappers all get so ... white? Listening to Just Jack is like overhearing the vapid mobile chatter of some manboy stoner in a Ladbroke Grove pub while a jazz-funk track trills offensively in the background, ie: worse than a bladder stone. Grime legend Wiley has already released three albums this year and he was supposed to have retired in January. Go and listen to them all before subjecting yourself to another second of Just Jack's life-sapping drivel."

Huzzar!

mos dan

fact music

huzzah indeed.

they have officially commissioned a wiley feature from me, but they won't run it until closer to the release date of the album. i swear to god i think my relentless pestering might have paid off finally.

also worth noting is the guy in the metro (rahul something i think) who keeps bigging grime up and generally has the right idea.