GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
People seem scared to go out and do a Grime performance. Even people who are still very much in the scene.

sad innit.

i'm still reeling from slimzee's set at fwd last week. crazy d had the mic, but was very much taking a back seat - and i wasn't in the least disappointed there was no grime mc there (for once) - just pure, unceasing rollage from slimzos. i haven't danced so energetically in months.

i am talking to a dude from trident this week about grime btw, if anyone has any questions.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Ask them why they do not have any open correspondence between promoters and artists, and instead contact the clubs themselves with threats of revoking their license to stop events happening.

They might try get out of it on a technicality because i think another department deals with clubs.

Also Trident is meant to bea co-operative initiative between the community and the police, not just a police task force. Another reason why there should be more open dialogue between prominaent musicians and the police so that positive events and musical celebrations can be held.

It'd be nice to get their reaction to a question about stifling the expression and employment of working class males by shutting down grime events but I don't know how you'd put that across.

mos dan

fact music
It'd be nice to get their reaction to a question about stifling the expression and employment of working class males by shutting down grime events but I don't know how you'd put that across.

that's kind of the whole reason i'm talking to him in the first place, so i will be covering it. cheers to slackk and logan.

gumdrops

Lush!

macabre unit used to host a few nights in and around bedford - anyone know whats going on with them? they dj out in london sometimes, platform 1 i think, but still havent caught them out live. definately on my most wanted list tho

i dont really check for that much of their newer stuff (or that mixtape from a while back) but some of their older stuff (theres a classic one that slimzee used to play a lot i think - dem nah ready yet i think its called) and that 12 on plasticians label are favourites.

that one i linked is very afx-y i think.

one other amusing thing about kanos performance was when he said 'this is the jazz cafe but were gonna get grimey tonight'. ho hum.

saw doogz at the jazz cafe tonight - he only did two tracks, switching songs and some new slow old school reggae one which features 'the legendary' (his words) stephen marley. he ripped switching songs, the other one wasnt bad. hes such a good live performer. didnt seem too impressed that the crowd didnt applaud more after SS ('man just spat for 7 mins straight!') but hey, mcs are never happy with audiences are they?!

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

just got an e-mail saying that Jammer is benjamin zephaniah's nephew. can anyone confirm this?

bun-u

Trumpet Police
ask them to state, very clearly, what laws allows them to shut down musical events before a crime has been committed. i'm serious, what law is this?

They will say that they don't shut down events, they simply 'advise' licencees of the possible dangers of certain types of event and that they then act accordingly

gumdrops

big up logan...

i love how dee and footsie are sharing the mic between them on that youtube clip. quite touching lol.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
more good news logan, big ups. any word on what the higher-ups at kiss make of all this? you wanna get writing some press releases on headed notepaper with 'grime' written at the top innit. then send them to 1xtra, ha.