GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
To anyone who caught Roll Deep's set on the 3rd of September?

Anyone know what that track is that comes in around 31 minutes that sounds like a remix of Babylon Burner?

It's big!

gumdrops

admittedly ive not heard it yet but if the rapping is like gangstaz, then i could see why they might seem like sub dipset tracks.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
i never said that those songs werent grime per se, just that they were heading too far towards hip hop territory for my liking.

i cant see myself listening to songs like; Im On Point, Alot To Learn, Sometimes I, Shes A Rider, Wots Ur Name or Stop Chatting Breeze, mainly because thats just not what i want to hear from grime. alot of those songs do sound like a poor attempt at sounding like dipset. to me they just sound wrong in some way which i cant really describe.

The production and beats are great, but Wiley should fork out for a man to do the hooks, he can't write them for friggin toffee.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
The production and beats are great, but Wiley should fork out for a man to do the hooks, he can't write them for friggin toffee.

That's kind of accurate, some of the hooks do sound like a bad nursery rhyme, but overall both mixtapes are pretty darn excellent.

Grime seems to have found its format and - the mixtape. Aiming for album perfection just isn’t necessary, especially with the way most people access the music. Doing it like on radio is best, experimenting, keeping it personal…practice hours.

Guns and Roses 2 is sounding good from what I’ve heard, the three Boy Better Know ones (2 JME, I Frisco) are all right up there, as are the earlier ones by Scorcher and Wretch 32.

woops

is not like other people
Grime seems to have found its format and - the mixtape. Aiming for album perfection just isn’t necessary, especially with the way most people access the music. Doing it like on radio is best, experimenting, keeping it personal…practice hours.

TESTIFY...

I must have listened to "Logan's Last Show" 1000 times if I've listened to it once.

"Oh, is it that time, Logan...?"

Sef

Wild Horses
Big news. He's really gonna have to deliver on this one.

Terminator is delightfully bad: 'My bad temper you can't hack, your face I will detach, not only from your body, but also from your lips'.

gumdrops

re: wiley's hooks

i dont think hes much good at holding down entire songs by himself either. he needs to get himself a magoo or someone to trade verses with. i prefer him within a group setting whether its roll deep or PAUG. on his own, apart from a few tracks here and there, it just gets boring IMO.

benjybars

village elder.
the big dada thing is big news!

yeah, i dunno why but always i feel kinda defensive for wiley when other mcs say 'you're albums flopped' or whatever.. he blatantly deserves to become big.

also, i know bare times he don't turn up for shows etc, but when it comes to music he definitely puts the work in and more than any other grime artist he does genuinely seem to love music..

so yeah, good for wiley:)

p.s. anyone got vol.3 of tunnel vision yet??

gumdrops

thats great that wiley is on big dada. thats perfect. i really hope the album comes out well.

in grime-lyrical-error news, one of slew dem or neckle camp says something like 'like malcolm i have a dream' on the neckle camp mix-CD...

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
thats great that wiley is on big dada. thats perfect. i really hope the album comes out well.

in grime-lyrical-error news, one of slew dem or neckle camp says something like 'like malcolm i have a dream' on the neckle camp mix-CD...

Haha - that might beat the incorrect spelling of 'because' in the Hold It Down video.

PS: Where are you lot all downloading these Tunnel Vision tapes from? Are they being sold, or are they download only?

gumdrops

big dada press release

WILEY SIGNS TO BIG DADA RECORDS

Big Dada is very pleased to announce that Wiley has joined the label. We're sure grime's greatest maverick needs very little intro, but he's the founding father of the mighty Roll Deep and the man many credit with
starting the scene itself. We're incredibly pleased and excited to have such a UK pioneer join us. As for Wiley, he had the following to say...

'I think it's good because all my life I've been looking for a creative control, to make an album that I'll enjoy listening to and performing... a grime album that I really want to make!'

The debut album for BD is set for next year, but for now you can download a taster of Wiley's latest mixtape at his myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/eskiboywiley