GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
in grime-lyrical-error news, one of slew dem or neckle camp says something like 'like malcolm i have a dream' on the neckle camp mix-CD...

To be fair he's talking about Malcolm's dream of forming the most offensive group ever and scamming the major record labels for loads of cash. Probably.

GRIMEWAVE

DJ SEMTEX PRESENTS THE GRIME WAVE ON ANTIDOTE RECORDS + TOUR

Semtex has put together classic tracks from Dizzee, Lethal Bizzle, Roll Deep, Wiley, and many others, along with exclusive cuts by Sway & Wonder, Jammer, D Double E & L Dot Man, and come up with THE definitive grime mix. The mix is also hosted by D Double E… One of the UK’s hottest MC’s who has previously worked with the Streets and is now signed to Dizzee Rascal’s label, Dirtee Stank. This all helping to bring together the first classic mix CD of the genre!

Released October 9th on Antidote Records

Check out the launch parties around the UK September/October with special guests L.MAN and Faith SFX

Thursday 28th September - Yo Yo,Notting Hill Arts Club,London

Friday 29th September - MuMus,Bristol
Wednesday 11th October - Cube,Glasgow
Sunday 15th October - Massa,Edinburgh
Thursday 19th October - Creation,Cardiff
Thursday 26th October - Asylum, Hull University

Check out

www.myspace.com/djsemtex
www.myspace.com/faithsfxbeatbox
www.myspace.com/ldotmanmusic

Cornflake

ya ive got both...the third one isnt out as far as i know....its suppose to not be leaked from what ive been told

i'll put up vol 2 when i get a chance in the next day or two if ppl want it

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Tunnel Vision 1 and 2 are great. I think he could have made one crazy album out of the two of them, but I enjoy all the new material anyway. I'm surprised to say that actually in a lot of places Wiley's flows are better than the beats, which sound a bit rushed here and there, minimal but lacking some of the great sounds that carried some of his classics (Ice Rink, Eskimo, etc). Some of his clap and percussion sounds on these are a bit too sound-banky for me, but maybe that's just cuz I'm a producer.

Still, the bars overall are crazy and there are a few super tunes, personal favorite atm is Bad 'Em Up w/ JME for both bars and riddim. I also like A Lot To Learn and a bunch of the more introspective tunes, Will is one of the only people who can really do that well in grime and still maintain his sense of humor ('If that's what you think you've got a lot to learn....... That's what I think anyway' timing had me cracking up). Also that tune about his girl down to swing for him, and then talking through the singing choruses 'yeah man's got that, yeah'. Hold tight the girls who are really down when your friends run away.

Congrats to him on his Big Dada deal as well, I think that's a good look for him and them.

petergunn

plywood violin
i haven't had a chance to really digest both volumes, but overall i was into it... yeah, they were a a few filler tracks, but in general really strong stuff...

my fav is "checkmate"...

while i heard a hip hop sound in a few tracks, the thing that stood out to me is the phasing out of the classic eski-sound... i don't recall many tracks at all having wiley's "signature" sounds...

Immryr

my fav is "Nothing Less" by far. i especially like the part where it does that wiley trademark time change. awesome.

the beat on the intro to vol 2 is excellent too, i wish he made that into a proper song.

Last edited:

gumdrops

bandicot freestyle is really fantastic. if the album is full of more tracks like that, i really wouldnt mind at all. i know MCs and grime fans say grime artists cant/shouldnt have to do a full album of fast/uptempo grime tracks for a full album, but i dont see why not. i still think it would be pretty excellent to have 10-12 tracks of grime bangers. theres still room for variation in fast uptempo tracks, it doesnt all have to be identical.

while i heard a hip hop sound in a few tracks, the thing that stood out to me is the phasing out of the classic eski-sound... i don't recall many tracks at all having wiley's "signature" sounds...

yeah, the beats are quite stripped of any signature wiley sound. not necessarily a bad thing. theyre basically like 'generic' throwaway grime. maybe hes saving his spectacular beats for the album.

Last edited:

outraygeous

freemix.gif

Brokenhomes Presents..
Grime Mix Vol 1

Mixed by DJ Outraygeous

www.myspace.com/brokenhomes

1. ROSSI B & LUCA FEAT NASTY - RUN FOR COVER
2. MR SLASH - CONCERTO RIDDIM
3. PLASTICMAN - BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
4. DJ CHARMZY - ROLLERCOASTER
5. MACARBE UNIT - SLOW JAM
6. WILEY - AVALANCHE
7. SKREAM - MIDNIGHT REQUEST LINE
8. WIZZBIT - GRAND THEFT AUTO
9. DCOY - BARBARIAN
10. YOUNGSTAR - REVIVAL
11. DAVINCHE - F LOOTE
12. MACARBE UNIT - OR ELSE
13. WILEY - ESKIMO (BRAINDEAD MIX)
14. DQ1 - UNDERGROUND
15. PLASTICMAN - CHA
16. JAMMER - MURKLEMAN
17. FOOTSIE - SCARS
18. DANNY WEED - CREEPER
19. BIG E.D - FRONTLINE
20. FOOTSIE - PRANGMAN
21. SKEPTA - PRIVATE CALLER
22. WONDER - WHAT
23. RUFF SQUAD - UNKNOWN
24. DIZZEE RASCAL - STREET FIGHTER

This mix is also available on the major torrent sites, search brokenhomes and ye shall findeth

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qr5qp6

what I would like to know is

what is gonna happen to instrumentals? with the continued rise of the mixtape, less and less pirate radio, vinyl sales flagging what is gonna happen to them?

more and more beats seem to just be made to vocal which is good but theres needs to be a balance...well I think so anyway...

outraygeous

the obvious lack of intrumentals these days is quite bad.

all playlists i see now are full of vocals, but thats the way grime has gone. what the mc says is gettin more important than what he/she spits on.

C

captain easychord

can you blame them for not releasing vinyl anymore though? who will play these instrumentals? all the DJ's with shows on the imaginary pirates? IMO it'a healthy thing for grime to get away from its dependence on 12"s and get up on the mixtape tip.

but it goes hand in hand....

can you blame them for not releasing vinyl anymore though? who will play these instrumentals? all the DJ's with shows on the imaginary pirates? IMO it'a healthy thing for grime to get away from its dependence on 12"s and get up on the mixtape tip.

crazy instrumentals and different type of mc'ing - those are two major draws of the music. remove one and it gets unbalanced.

also by focusing on mixtapes...thats leaning more on the hip hop element of the music and this isn't hip hop. mad beats is what interested me in this music (apart from the crap ones). the nuts beats is what drew a lot of ppl into this aswell. yes you can still have that on mixtapes but when you create a track for someone to spit on its different then creating a track that just rolls by itself.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Not releasing vinyl and instrumentals is being lazy, it's not doing anything positive for the music.

By removing an entire facet of the scene just because it isnt as profitable as it once used to be, you are just being cold and businesslike, which music isn't spposed to be, especially on the underground.

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
If this has that 6 minute Wiley track where he goes absolutely ape-shit then this definitely needs to be downloaded by everyone