GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Leo

It all depends on what you were expecting. As a more general fan of grime, I'd agree that there isn't much worth listening to in all the nine-odd hours of material he gave away. As a "world-weary Wileyologist" (credit to Dan Hancox), this is analogous to finding Franz Kafka's shopping lists in a bin.

exactly...not amazing, but still interesting. after skipping through everything, i deleted about two-thirds of what i downloaded. what's left makes for a couple of enjoyable cds.

continuum

smugpolice
While most of the music is sub-par pop attempts it is definitely interesting on other levels. Being able to see the raw ideas and the general music Wiley has had sitting on his hard drive is fascinating. As someone said previously it's gonna take a while to fully digest all of it and i'm looking forward to different readings of it.

petergunn

plywood violin
exactly...not amazing, but still interesting. after skipping through everything, i deleted about two-thirds of what i downloaded. what's left makes for a couple of enjoyable cds.

probably about right...

about 1 cd of instros

1 cd of grime bangers

1 - 2 cd's of decent club tunes and oddballs...

tho, i still have not really gone thru all of it properly... his twitter is killing it as usual:

# Liverpool is so nang can all my london people jus come here and set up ur living arrangments we need to bring the grime scene here 23 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# George best had a son and he spoke to me jus a second ago legend on earth you are callum about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# I jus spoke to callum best u would never understand his dad was so magical it was unbelievable about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Lasagne is in the oven smelling so nice about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Cornflake

It's gonna take me a while to listen to these, i want to give a few listens to each tune before i decide to delete or not. But knowing me, nothing will be deleted and just put on some data discs and put on the shelf somewhere.
Id say ya...3.5 worth of solida material that I will listen to. For free, that's pretty damn sweet if you ask me. Still rather shocked about it all.

What is the reception from artists that are all over these tunes? I mean they did the work as well. It all seemed rather rushed.

mos dan

fact music
this is analogous to finding Franz Kafka's shopping lists in a bin.

lol innit :)

it's all fascinating to wade through - and there's a lot of crap, of course there is. but there's a lot of gold there too. and the path between the two, the grimey and the shameless electro pop, is kinda intriguing too.

there are some weird bits that just make you think 'why is this even in here?' do i remember right or is jazmine sullivan's bust your windows in there with one mz bratt verse and no wiley?

OLike when Wiley passed up on Bonkers (I'd love to hear a version by him...)

I read this in RWD with Laurence from Dirtee Stank next to me...Load of bollocks apparently. I imagine with an artist as big as AVH, he wouldn't just pass a beat around and see who wanted it first. I bet he made it specifically for Dizzee.

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
meh.
this is doing me head in... don't like the track itsef w wiley on it much, but before are some I like so I always end up listening to the start of this:
Wiley Zip 8 - 09 point to prove
I been thinking it's either l'usine or nautilis... but all releases I thought it would be, it ain't.
So what's the instrumental...? anyone ?
c.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I love following Wiley's twitter.

RT @calvinharrisisgod i totez luvz @OFFICIAL WILEY !!! hez almost az good az jedward!!

RT @dabadmanman @OFFICIALWILEY you're a fucking genius! you're better than sex! you are the greatest thing that has ever existed!

RT @beggingit2010 just heard the new @OFFICIALWILEY tune. i almost shat myself, it was that good. greatest thing since sliced bread, but more useful. i sure hope he doesn't embarrass me by uncharacteristically RTing this!!

x10000

[it is good when he says things like 'twitter is like pandora' though]

I read this in RWD with Laurence from Dirtee Stank next to me...Load of bollocks apparently. I imagine with an artist as big as AVH, he wouldn't just pass a beat around and see who wanted it first. I bet he made it specifically for Dizzee.

"educated" guesswork then basically yeah

Here's a free download of a CD I did with LA Clothing label DTA.

http://www.dtaldn.com/

Its got exclusive freesyles and tracks from Ice Kid, Rinser, Faction G, Lil Nasty, Scrufizzer, Blacks and P Money.

You can get a free physical copy of the CD with any NHNH purchase from the usual grime outlets.

The focus of the CD compared to NHNH Edition 1 is more on up and coming MCs like Scrufizzer, Kozzie, and Roxxann rather than the already established names like Wiley, Skepta, Jme and Ghetto

Look out for No Hats No Hoods Edition 2 later in this year