Sa-Ra "Second Time Around"

true statement

its actually probably better they didnt release anything during the hype period. now people can judge it fairly. i just hope it lives up to the hype. cos people have been waiting for them to come with something proper for ages now.

and it better be something...otherwise even staunch supporters like me are...OFF lol!

gumdrops

did you hear bilals version of hollywood? i love it. bilal gave it a kind of vulnerability or frailness or something that wasnt in the original (i like the original too but i just hear smarmy gits when i hear the sa ra version lol)

Wtf?

where are ppl hearing all this material? maybe I need to finally re-install a p2p

*slaps self*

no I haven't heard that lol...

reading this thread from page 1 makes me wanna shed a couple of tears...mentioning Dilla and all that

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Played out that Fish Fillet tune with Pharaohe Monch the other night and it sounded great over a big(ger than my stereo) system.

In general I don't get the buzz much, but I did pick up this EP/single/whatever when I saw it on sale and I'm at least interested to hear how the album goes. I only really like one track each from Bilal, Erykah Badu, so not too excited.

spotrusha

i love these guys' slower production, but when they get into the faster and sassy stuff, i honestly get creeped out by it. sorry, i'm not into a 92 polo stadium yves saint laurent vintage gucci burberry print benetton-clad dude with a gumby whispering about licking toes in a phantom or whatever.

gumdrops

a 92 polo stadium yves saint laurent vintage gucci burberry print benetton-clad dude with a gumby whispering about licking toes in a phantom or whatever.

this is what their best stuff is about though. theyre a bunch of poseurs. i just wish they were more at ease with their poseurdom rather than trying to pass themselves off as earnest.

gumdrops

totally lost interest in these guys as solo artists. would much prefer if they STFU and just stuck to producing like on the new erykah album. they sound like they love themselves way too much whenever they rap or sing.