cracked out house

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Anyone heard a new ~scape records release called 'Macro House'? had to laugh at the name, curious what it's like. It's by Stephan Beaupre, who I only know of because he's one half of Crackhaus. V. appropriate name for this thread, not so sure the music fits.

mms

sometimes
michael said:
Anyone heard a new ~scape records release called 'Macro House'? had to laugh at the name, curious what it's like. It's by Stephan Beaupre, who I only know of because he's one half of Crackhaus. V. appropriate name for this thread, not so sure the music fits.

not heard it but there are a series of them coming out - rather looking forward to it, scape is a great label.

DJ PIMP

Macro house is a pretty good descriptor for some of Herberts recent output, for example Scales and his production on Roisin Murphy's Ruby Blue album.

Elaborate, eclectic electric and acoustic instrumentation, lots of movements in the tracks. Great stuff, very modern to my ears, though maybe its not housey enough to be house-house.

Bloody genre benders.

juliand

vache said:
It is really, really good, but I still think the height of his sound is the title cut of Thé Au Harem D'Archimède and the track "Hello Hallo" from that album. The way that those tracks drift in slowly and then lock in about three minutes in is totally unique.

Que Belle Epoque is the one for me--that stunning moment when the vocals arrive in minute five

adverb

juliand said:
Que Belle Epoque is the one for me--that stunning moment when the vocals arrive in minute five

that's quite old, i think 99 or 2000. it is fantastic though, very different!

mms

sometimes
just got to say carl craig's remix of delia and gavins relevee - my god - just stretched out slug trancey bliss with lots of tiny elements intrododuced a la his mix of falling up

mms

sometimes
oh my gosh

the new john tejada - scape ep eurotunnel is the most jaw droppingly gorgeous bit o' techno i've heard in a long time .
truly lovely sort of reengineered take on kraftwerk.

DJ PIMP

mms said:
the new john tejada - scape ep eurotunnel is the most jaw droppingly gorgeous bit o' techno i've heard in a long time .
listening to it now - nice. always like tejada's stuff...

my current faves

smash tv - yellow asteroids (!!!!!!)
loco dice - seeing through shadows
misc. - like morning in your eyes remixes

DJ PIMP

mms said:
listening to this again and it IS good... that naive sort of euro-detroity vibe is one of my fave things going in techno land at the mo... you can hear it in booka shade's stuff or the loco dice mentioned above. simple pleasing melody that peels away layers of aesthetic complexification built up over the years. also on that note:

partick chardronnet - eve by day - ripperton remix

this stuff is so un-cracked out it should go in another thread. "the return of fluffy-trance?" :cool:

dogger

Sweet Virginia
listening to it now - nice. always like tejada's stuff...

my current faves

smash tv - yellow asteroids (!!!!!!)
loco dice - seeing through shadows
misc. - like morning in your eyes remixes

the tejada /is/ good, tho the b side is a lot weaker i feel. also slightly underwhelmed by loco dice's 'seeing through shadows' - he certainly hasn't recaptured the sexy greatness of 'jacuzzi games'....

i am absolutely /loving/ the new robag w & wighnomy bros ep tho. 'moppal kiff' is disntinctly weird and 'cracked out', with a pitch-bending melody line that sounds, as my girlfriend remarked, like rastas playing on a moog (rastas, i would add, that have been listening to a lot of chinese music...). the b side is also fantastic - alternating between aphexian ambient and rolling, funky beats.

also good are

- sierra sam's 'son of the knight' - really dense, shifting textures.

- gerome sportelli 'krax musique ep'

- galoppierende zuversicht 'chnobli ep' - especially 'erdschuber': an obscene heaving beast of a track

- My My 'Swiss On Rye EP'

on a completely un-cracked-out but vaguely minimal bent (should someone start a 'minimal: breaking news etc' thread??) - nubian mindz 'typewriter ep' is pretty amazing, especally 'typewriter'.....old school meets african polyrythms!

and finally - just heard michael mayer's remix of adolf noises' 'grundton'. probably the scariest dance record i've heard since roli widmer's one with the swiss nursery rhyme sample....a german monologue by a guy losing his mind (scariest bit - when he starts singing), smashing glass sounds and grime-esque gun-cock samples. brilliant.

anyone feeling any of these?

tate

Brown Sugar
on a completely un-cracked-out but vaguely minimal bent (should someone start a 'minimal: breaking news etc' thread??) - nubian mindz 'typewriter ep' is pretty amazing, especally 'typewriter'.....old school meets african polyrythms!

anyone feeling any of these?
I have the Typewriter EP and think it's great . . . in the end I don't always love everything that Colin makes (he's a prolific fellow), but definitely, I always want to hear whatever it is that he is producing, no matter the genre.

DJ PIMP

Speaking of not too cracked out business... tracks like Exceeder by Mason and the Ramirez remix of Bodyrox' Yeah Yeah are totally doing it for me.

Just the right mix of cute techno/housey proto-trance/electro raw synthy mega leads.

One coffee, plonk those tunes on and I'm off to the moooooooon.

mms

sometimes
mymy's forthcoming album on playhouse is very good cos it squares detroit techno / old house and minimal techno. rather good.

S

simon silverdollar

mymy's forthcoming album on playhouse is very good cos it squares detroit techno / old house and minimal techno. rather good.

yeah it's lovely. the first track on it is one of my favourite tracks of the year, easily

swears

preppy-kei
Speaking of not too cracked out business... tracks like Exceeder by Mason and the Ramirez remix of Bodyrox' Yeah Yeah are totally doing it for me.

Just the right mix of cute techno/housey proto-trance/electro raw synthy mega leads.

One coffee, plonk those tunes on and I'm off to the moooooooon.

That bodyrox track is cheeeeeesebaaaaaaall.:(