cracked out house

DJ PIMP

The wonkily tuned lead and fruityness are fine by me. I love lots of the angles at the mo. Everything from 'Put your hands up for Detroit' to Stephan Bodzin's new bit, Huntemann's remix of 'I choose anger'.... I am thrilled by the music coming out.

Track for today is Paul Kalkbrenner's Gebruenn Gebruenn.

Tim F

The funny thing about the remix of that Bodyrox tune (and I said this on Pitchfork so if you've read it there forgive me for repeating myself) is that it's cheesiness is only a matter of timing. It sounds very obvious in 2006, but in 2004 or even 2005 it wouldn't have sounded nearly so obvious/cheesy etc.

DJ PIMP

its more the detuned bits that do it for me. i realised i've always been a sucker for pitch-bend, portamento or what not when i first heard autechre's eutow. love the effect on the brain of a note sliding around.

my favourite loco dice track is their remix of 'mord' for the same reason... the vocals sound great, but the bit toward the end where they scribble with it, warping the pitch/filters, makes me all dribbly.

much the same as...

federico franchi - cream

you can get it on beatport. its the rudest. maurizio beat meets snake charmer synth with wonky-pitch flourishes.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
audion - mouth to mouth
minimal plinky melody meets rising gurgle rave synth. mental.

yep weird innit and 2am fm again, tad mullinix is pulling all these weird acid shapes and they sounds mad on the dancefloor.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
andrew weatherall dropped this at fabric the other week, as confetti floated down from the ceiling and everyone just lost it....:)

also absolutely loving pan-pot's stuff at the moment...particularly the black lodge ep and their remix of rancho relaxo

DJ PIMP

For me its all about the 80s cock-rock power ballad synthetic guitar lead running through Salzger & Tur's Day Edit of 'You won't change'.

Or Salzger's 'Neo Dancer' single.

Or Baxter and Romboy's 'The Club'.