Great 2 Step?

drilla

Yeah that's a great mix.. but what I really want is Woebot's Noir Desire... at the time I was just a lurker so had no access. I guess I still wouldn't you needed 500 posts or something like that.

Checked his site and it's a dead link there too, his private message inbox is also full. That's be sound if you could nomos!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
Yeah that's a great mix.. but what I really want is Woebot's Noir Desire... at the time I was just a lurker so had no access. I guess I still wouldn't you needed 500 posts or something like that.

yeah ditto, though I think I've maybe got enough posts now. Could anyone be tempted to post this, or ask Woebot to re-up or something?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Irie.

Also check the 2step heaven mix: http://www.weareie.com/audio/blogariddims/blogariddims34.mp3

Noir Desire is good but I think Matt could've done better - could've used heavier mixes of some of them.

There's a really great 2step mix from 1999 that I really must record into my Mac. Lots of stuff on it I've never heard anywhere else. But there's a few other things in my work queue ahead of that.

I just picked up a load more garage from discogs so no doubt another mix will be forthcoming.

Now, what I want to get now are mixes of 2002 / 2003 era grimey garage - Sticky, Jameson etc. I really wasn't paying attention at the time and I am splurging on anything I can find.

Oh, and there's an Agent X 2002 mix on grimetapes that's got some awesome gear on it. Anyone know what Agent X's stuff in recent years is like?

nomos

Administrator
Oh, and there's an Agent X 2002 mix on grimetapes that's got some awesome gear on it. Anyone know what Agent X's stuff in recent years is like?
I think it's mainly been bassline lately. Nothing too inspiring as far as I've heard.

I'll also bump my first blogariddims mix here: http://www.weareie.com/audio/blogariddims/blogariddims08.mp3

Some 2-step but mixed with a lot of dark UKG, early grime and some 4x4. It's layered with pirate broadcasts including bits from that Agent X set.

bobcrunkhouse

Hi chaps,

Long time reader etc..

Have got a couple of mixes mainly based around 2 step/Garage that seem to be pretty popular. Heres a couple..oh and btw my favourite garagey mix has to be the Mr.Bump mix for blogariddims, so so so sick.

Little mix to duppy da rave..

http://www.divshare.com/download/4909817-1c0

tracklist:

1. MJ Cole - Bandelero Desparado
2. Burial - Unite
3. El-B - Serious
4. Magnetic Man - Ligma VIP
5. Pay As You Go Crew - Know We Megamix (EZ Special)
6. Oxide & Nutrino - No Good For Me (Radio Version)
7. Oizo Vs Oxide & Neutrino - Flat Eric Got Shot (Remix)
8. South Rakkas Crew - Mad Again (Boy 8 Bit Remix)
9. 187 Lockdown - Gunman
10. Zed Bias - Neighborhood (Steve Gurely Remix)
11. Skepta - Rolex Sweep (Vandalism Remix)
12. Double 99 Feat. Top Cat - Ripgroove
13. Jameson - Urban Hero
14. Dub Militia - Bullet

here's part two:

http://www.divshare.com/download/5023254-840

1. Ed Case Feat. Miss Dynamite - Deal with the matter
2. MJ Cole - Introduction
3. Point B - Gymede
4. El -B - Bubble
5. Burial - Archangel
6. Manitoba - If assholes could fly this place would be an airport
7. Hawerchuk - Caned Peas
8. Caribou - Dundad Ontario
9. Jammin - Kinda Funky (Wookie Remix)
10. Blazin Squad Feat. Elephant Man - Standard Flow (DnD vocal Mix)
11. Plastician - Bad boy sound
12. DIM - Discosirens edit
13. Kanji Kinitic - Trick wobbler
14. Dom Perignonn And Miss Dynamite - Got myself together (DnD Mix)
15. Burial 'Unite' Vs DJ Abstract 'Touch' - Eric Multiplex Mash up
16. Steve Gurley - Hotboys (Dub)
17. Elephant Man - Log on (Horsepower productions remix)
18. DJ Luck & Shy Cookie - Troublesome
19. Trick or Treat Vs General Levy - ?
20. Brasstooth - Celebrate life (Deeper version)
21. Brastooth - Celebrate life
22. MJ Cole - Bandelero Desparado
23. Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite (Crookers Remix)

23 tracks, just under 50 mins, Hope you enjoy!

And if your interested in awkwardly moving your body while i press buttons and turn knobs in front of you, i resident at every Square Roots night, and am playing at Mumdance at the Old Blue Last on 8th August. Hopefully see some of you there..

Cheers,
Sean

nomos

Administrator
Can someone please help me with a track ID?

On the DJ EZ w/ PSG live @ Exposure 1999 set that was posted upthread...

Track with a big bassline at 19:45 to about 21:30. Vocal samples say "no man in the world," and "yesterday, yesterday..." (but it's not any Ain't No Man remix that I've been able to find)

The bassline was also in the Sparks & Ki Fly Bi Megamix (first thing you hear on this clip: http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=VEXT001)

Looked all over and only dead ends.

:(

Completely loving those 2step mixes Grevious Angel! 2step/garage never caught on in Belfast plus i was too young so this stuff sounds fresher than anything at the minute, i'm hunting out all sorts now. upload more!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Pangaea's router, mala's blue notez, left leg out, and all the martyn' ramadanman and 2562 gear. And my stuff, obviously.

soon come - mix from 2000 (it's on my mac now!) and a very special devotional dubz mix.

http://www.soulchampion.com/audio/podcast/SoulChampionSessionsEpisode4.mp3

Sincere (MJ's Dubb 2000) - MJ Cole
It Aint Enough - Dreem Teem vs Artful Dodger
Cheque One-Two - Sunship feat MC RB
Basslick (VIP Remix) - Second Protocol
Messin Around - Once Waz Nice
Oh No That's the Word - Paper Money feat MC Romeo and Lisa Mafia
Commin Again - Zoom + DBX
Movin Too Fast - Artful Dodger and Romina Johnson
Troublesome - Oracles & Jay-T Remix feat Troublesome & Spee
Joy - Mark Ruff Ryder feat Special MC
A Little Bit of Luck - DJ Luck and MC Neat
Down - Ruff Cut Bias
Dooms Night - Azzido Da Bass
Jump n Shout - Bassment Jaxx (Stanton Warriors feat Slarta John)
Who Wants Dis One - Jameson feat ???
Call It Fate - Richie Dan
Disrespect - Colonel Reefer
The Phone Tune - 212
Bump n Grind - M Dubs feat Lady Saw, MC Secret Agent and Sherelle
Neighborhood - Zed Bias (Steve Gurley Remix)
Something in Your Eyes - Ed Case (K Warren Mix)

Cracking classics podcast here from a Canadian guy, a lot of you have probably heard these tunes but it's my first time hearing them

"Sincere (MJ's Dubb 2000) - MJ Cole" - bassline !!

more please!