khat

sufi

lala
& 2/2:

qat5.jpg

laf
visitor

e
sufilala ! damn u sound like u dig qat ! thanx for the info!

well i am from south africa and we dont get qat in leaves form, we only get the powder. and its illegal as hell in SA.
but the thing is, i wonder what shity they add to the powder they sell us!

thing about cat for me, u talk and talk and talk some deep conversations..

i wish i could get some qat leaves! i wonder how it will match up against our version.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-02-2003 05:57 PM

METH LAB
resident

If you like talkin and buzzin in a stimulant stylee.... why not just pop some amphetamines?? Surly you can score them in SA? Piss all over Cat i reckon.

What colour is that Cat powder anyway?

03-02-2003 06:10 PM

laf
visitor

yeah i still wana try some speed but i dont want the buzz like a pill buzz. u will be suprize the things u can get in sa
the cat powder is white,

06-02-2003 06:10 PM

METH LAB
resident

Maybe that cat powder is speed i dunno..... white powder can be all sorts of things.

Speed aint like pills, its more up, str8 forward, direct, focused..... although ive only had limited experiance with pills. (you do mean XTC right?)

Peace

06-02-2003 06:25 PM

tOka
the names tOka, Bud tOka

I heard that the Es (pills) in SA are generally the strongest in the world.

I saw powdered quat in a head shop in pompey once, talked to the girl behind the counter about it, she said its sort of like speed, but legal (this was a few years ago now), but cost £20 for a wrap, which would give you the same sort of hit as 1g street speed, at the time I was buying 1/4 oz speed for £25, had about an 1/8 in my pocket at the time, needless to say i left the shop laughing.

Thats a top post sufilala
It seems to be well suited to sessions you describe, though not so much as recreational drug to westerners.

iirc, there was a thread on this a while ago, and some quite nasty mental probs have been ascociated with quat

06-02-2003 06:53 PM

laf
visitor

i doubt that this cat powder is speed, it is sold as cat.. we get speed in pill form here.
yea i mean xtc, i dont like the pill feeling anymore, the rush feeling, it just does not do the trick.. i think speed will be very much as cat for me, cat gives energy and makes u speak toooo much but i will be trying speed very soon.

ES pills? our strongest pills are disco bsicits and supersports, but then again, pills r diff in each country. mental probs with cat? i can vouche for that, everytime after a hectic weekend on cat, i feel like a mental patient, no other drug gives me this after the time feeling like cat.. makes me think of a cat scan

06-02-2003 08:24 PM

sufilala
visitor

thanx!
the hit you get is kind of unique i reckon - really spacy but also speedy, it makes you smoke and chew quite ferociously - i'm sure it must lift your blood pressure... if you chew you usually take your time so you come up gradually then you feel like your on top of a mountain, + i think the buzz is hard to identify if your used to instant effects of spliff or chemicals - the first time i used it i didnt realise that i got any effect til after when i realised how erratic i'd been behaving

it's good to chew out as well - long journeys or just out on the town - i never got any ill-effect from mixing it with pot or drink,
i never tried any powder though i think tried a qat drink once - it was dissolved in alcohol - totally haram, which is ironic as many muslims who use it claim it as halal - but i'm sure its the same deal as ganja - ie loads of psychoactive components, many of which are unidentified by science so preserving it must involve losing something especially as freshness is crucial...

tbh i wouldnt call myself a conoisseur (can't even spell it) compared to some of the folk i met

06-02-2003 08:53 PM

kenny g
101% more real than real

It has got to be fresh to buzz you properly. Most stuff in headshops is overpriced and not effective, hence its bad reputation in the UK. I used to now a couple of qhat houses in north london and the users there were properly off their fucking heads. Rushing their tits off . They used to be quite happy to serve us but seemed to be suprised to have non somalis expressing an interest in the stuff.
It can send you mad though.

07-02-2003 06:15 AM

bigqatchew.jpg

rewch
visitor

i don't know where all this talk of madnesss comes from...the yemenis who are heavy chewers have certainly got some interesting evidence to suggest the opposite...many of those i met denied it had any habit-forming tendencies, on the other hand none of the people i chewed with seemed psychotic, but then the yemenis don't tend to carry on chewing for days as the somalis do...perhaps the psychosis is associated with the style of chewing and prolonged lack of sleep/food

on another note i would like to agree with almost everything sufilala said, especially as he & i have chewed together in various countries...in yemen there are between 70 & 80 different kinds/strains of qat...they vary enormously with some costing more than $100 per bundle...the best kind i ever had which was succulent & sweet was ansi, though most yemenis consider it only good for the ladies (for what that's worth)...some of the varieties are seriously potent & the truck driver's favourite can keep you up for a couple of days...i seem to remember that shelagh weir's book lists a couple of dozen active ingredients, most of which break down even a few hours after harvesting...this may also explain the psychosis of chewers in places where it is not really fresh since cathinone & cathine are more stimulating without the mitigating effects of the other compounds...still, i learnt arabic thanks to qat and as their social equivalent of the pub it's a bit different but it rocks & qat certainly makes you rush, sadly i don't think we could cultivate it here, not enough altitude or heat

13-02-2003 03:42 PM

sufi

lala

luka

those men are such layabouts! wifes at home polishing the silver and they're chewing narcotics with the lads til 2am!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
those men are such layabouts! wifes at home polishing the silver and they're chewing narcotics with the lads til 2am!

Of course English men don't urinate in their wives wardrobes after a night out on the piss. of course. Never heard of such a thing. the apex of prudent professionalism, ready for work the next day.

luka

i think the women over there should give em a slap and tell them to sort it out fucking wastemen

sufi

lala
nice pic
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F25336c80-ee28-4c77-a650-5ae219fd630a_2708x1772.jpeg

Sounds like that writer stayed in the tourist hotel in Harar :rolleyes: me and @rewch did a LOT of chewing there, including in Haile Selassie's house, we had rooms above a bar in the old town, we used to pop down to the "Ras" hotel for western style toilet facilities when the water ran out
picture.jpg

craner

Beast of Burden
Khat is like a nuclear war in your head don’t take drugs kids just drink booze and smoke fags like a 50s gent