I found book about old magick and here is some occult pictures

toccowich

Tumbling Dice
Answer: Past lives:

What's up with the Ron Hubbard references ...

Answer/references:

-Mission into Time (Hardcover) and Have You Lived Before This Life (Hardcover) by LRon Hubboard

I meant these 2 books which handle past lives , and maybe are used as scientific proofs about this matter?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, Jesus is born !

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
Answer/references:

-Mission into Time (Hardcover) and Have You Lived Before This Life (Hardcover) by LRon Hubboard

I meant these 2 books which handle past lives , and maybe are used as scientific proofs about this matter?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, Jesus is born !

ha ha! you bunch of loonies.

maybe we need a new forum just for alternative "medicine", weird cult religions and general quackery so we can keep the bullshit separate from things that are actually interesting or useful.

Last edited:

Guybrush

Dittohead
I think childOftheBlogosphere and others’ ideas are interesting, actually. I don’t care if their speculations are unscientific and groundless—they make great thought-fodder.

bassnation

the abyss
I think childOftheBlogosphere and others’ ideas are interesting, actually. I don’t care if their speculations are unscientific and groundless—they make great thought-fodder.

no your right - i always wanted to find out the truth behind such fascinating topics as healing crystals and scientology on dissensus. what was i thinking, being all cynical and dismissive like that??

next week: how to tell the future by examining a pigs entrails, and how to tell if that friendly old woman who lives next door is in fact a witch.

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
^ she is if she suckles what appear to be animals.
FACT!

yes - good point. like to consult dissensians who know more than me on the topic of imp suckling. what does it do to your spiritual equlibrium? are there any benefits? does anyone have any good resources for info on this?

Last edited:

Eric

Mr Moraigero
I love this thread, it's the most ridiculous thing around. I don't have much contact with people like CoTB ordinarily (by intention) and it's super funny to have it here. I would never have imagined there were people in the world (anymore) that took LRon's books as PROOF of something :):):):) Omitting the converted of course. Maybe he is one? Anyway serious learning experiences.

As long as I'm being mean (not evil!!:)) I have to say I enjoy CoTB's passive-aggressiveness. The way he takes every comment not aligned with him as an occasion to mime laughing is great. This is the fruit of a peaceful mind!!!

Eric

Mr Moraigero
Oh yeah, what I meant to say in the first place is that we shouldn't try to segregate the population. I like bullshit.

mms

sometimes
no your right - i always wanted to find out the truth behind such fascinating topics as healing crystals and scientology on dissensus.

oh come on, scientology is facinating, hubbard is a fascinating character, dianetics fitted in pretty nicely with the post war growth in home psychology, which also included lsd use, people like rand corporation recommending acid to get people to think outside the box. self help books etc, the growth industry in marketable alternative medicines and lifestyles, eden abhnez etc its all much more interesting that shit or not shit black and white etc, like where did this stuff come from, how is it so possible etc, more interesting than whether its truthful or not surely?

bassnation

the abyss
oh come on, scientology is facinating, hubbard is a fascinating character, dianetics fitted in pretty nicely with the post war growth in home psychology, which also included lsd use, people like rand corporation recommending acid to get people to think outside the box. self help books etc, the growth industry in marketable alternative medicines and lifestyles, eden abhnez etc its all much more interesting that shit or not shit black and white etc, like where did this stuff come from, how is it so possible etc, more interesting than whether its truthful or not surely?

yeah scientology is fasincating, but that doesn't make it less of a cult, and a money trap for the gullible. its interesting that hubbard himself disowned it, and even more interesting that people are actually prepared to believe in a religion based on a sci fi writers utterings, for christs sake.

for me it totally sums up the human condition - total confusion and total awareness which is painful and leads to people needing to belive in something. its terrifying that theres nothing before and after life, and i don't blame people for wanting to fill that void with meaning. personally though, i know some day i will die and i don't want or need to rationalise that fact, or make it part of some comforting belief system which is totally unproveable. like, whats the point of that?

mms

sometimes
yeah scientology is fasincating, but that doesn't make it less of a cult, and a money trap for the gullible. its interesting that hubbard himself disowned it, and even more interesting that people are actually prepared to believe in a religion based on a sci fi writers utterings, for christs sake.

for me it totally sums up the human condition - total confusion and total awareness which is painful and leads to people needing to belive in something. its terrifying that theres nothing before and after life, and i don't blame people for wanting to fill that void with meaning. personally though, i know some day i will die and i don't want or need to rationalise that fact, or make it part of some comforting belief system which is totally unproveable. like, whats the point of that?

its not the fact that its unprovable etc though is it, in any of these things it's the investment of faith thats interesting isn't it. everyone invests faith in things.

i'm not certain hubbard did disown scientology, he was certainly a crook, but apparently he regarded scientology of a business, changed from dianetics ( a real business) to scientology ( a classified religion) for financial purposes. The scientologists were out in angel the other day giving stress tests with a copy of their movie battlefield planet earth.
hubbard did have some interesting takes on psychology and recognise some things which are now take for granted as part of pop psychology and neuroscience, but yes he was a greedy crook and a terrible sciencefiction writer.

rob_giri

When i look into the eyes of a Scientologist, or a Hare Krishna - all I see is confusion, fear and darkness - they don't really KNOW what they talk about, they are just blindly following. I have stated to you a number of times that i am just stating facts to you as they appear and have been proven.

However, from what you have just said (and i will not make judgements - merely state what APPEARS or SEEMS) you appear to be a very confused person who blindly follows a meaningless existence in order to live in a comfort zone of intellectual snobbery which is at heart motivated by the fear that your own intellectual definitions which have saved your ego from the worst existential fear might be obsolete and thus in need of submitting.

I cannot see how, having said what you have said here, you could consider yourself to be an intelligent and open-minded person. The facts are staring you blankly in the face and despite of all your seeming worldy wisdom and intelligence you scathingly and somewhat emotionally dismiss them.

It is obvious to me, as i have seen it many times before, that you cannot accept these things because you identify yourself with your cold, analytical ego, and if it were proven wrong by a lot of this stuff then who you think you are would be revealed to be an illusion, and you would scream and cry in anguish.

Essentially you are afraid to take a step into the unknown because you are afraid to admit to yourself that you don't have all the answers. The phenomena known as Conservatism is and has been in essence based upon this very fear. In fact, this is the essence of Fear itself...

And this is how the ego works. We are just pure awareness, but have layers and layers of illusiory perceptions of who we think we are, and when they get challenged by the everyday maleability of the reality we inhabit, we scream and cry in anguish. As soon as you submit these parts of yourself, accept them, and let them go - everything will turn out perfectly. You will be more of a whole human being than ever before, and you will discover truths that you could never have possibly imagined. Then at the end of the day, you will realise you were just kidding yourself, that your fear was just senseless, and that everything is ok after all.

Its called good old fashioned ego disintegration and has been the cornerston of EVERY spiritual tradition - dismantling the shackles of repressive thinking and emotional programming in order to develop a more stable and truthful sense of being. Acceptance is the key.

Anyway, enough from me. I don't need to say anymore because you have said enough to show me the depths of your reality and it is all pretty clear. What you have said about the nature of Belief is ignorant and naive enough about the nature of awareness and consciousness to completely discredit any opinion you would have on this matter.

Love to you on your journey, and good luck

and Merry Christmas too!

:)

rob_giri

cool thread.

also: i just found this, not really related but amusing.

http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

Wicked thread hey. Vote it!

I'm sure if you met these people (blasphemychallenge) you would also find fear in their eyes and a predominant case of extreme emotional trauma from being braught up in fanatical american christian families.

Christ who wouldn't have an emotional issue against believing in anything when you've had that around you your whole life. So schizoid, so psychotic...

Whether or not your parents were Christian - living in a post-christian society we ALL have this issue against 'believing in God'. I know I sure do/did. As I have already stated - belief is the tomb of truth - its all just about giving away with your belief and sticking to your common sense.

Its just a matter of looking past it, accepting it, transcending it and getting over it and unifying your emotional experience of this reality with your logical understanding of it.

In the end, past all the veils of illogical illusion that your mind has created due to your own emotional issues - it is pretty logically clear. It is all pointing towards the same general idea.

Don't Panic! We'll all get there some day.

:)

mms

sometimes
When i look into the eyes of a Scientologist, or a Hare Krishna - all I see is confusion, fear and darkness - they don't really KNOW what they talk about, they are just blindly following. I have stated to you a number of times that i am just stating facts to you as they appear and have been proven.

oh shut up now please!

mms

sometimes
hahaha

my point has obviously been proven...

yes i hope i don't see you on a news programme sometime in the future.
but then i wouldn't because you'd be 'beyond the veils of matter' or something obviously, it would just be my perception.
fuck me you're clever buy you're not clever cos thats just cold analytical ego..

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
the current wave of religion hating is so fucking retarded. these cheerleaders for "science" are every bit as backwards and closed minded as the fundamentalists they rail against.

I've been meaning to write a proper piece on rationality as the "false religion" of these modern times (that we may be aproaching the end of which)... but where is the time i ask you, WHERE IS THE TIME?!!?!