I found book about old magick and here is some occult pictures

rob_giri

the current wave of religion hating is so fucking retarded. these cheerleaders for "science" are every bit as backwards and closed minded as the fundamentalists they rail against.

Fuck yes

I will repeat...

Fuck yes..

I've been meaning to write a proper piece on rationality as the "false religion" of these modern times (that we may be aproaching the end of which)... but where is the time i ask you, WHERE IS THE TIME?!!?!

Please, - do it! Sometime in the future i will write a book about it - or at least some sort of dissertation... IMHO its the most 'relevant' thing one could be writing about in these times in terms of trends in thought, philosphy etc. You have been one of the only people in this thread who has written anything intelligent. I think this thread just goes to show how Conservative most the folks on this forum are.

Guybrush

Dittohead
the current wave of religion hating is so fucking retarded. these cheerleaders for "science" are every bit as backwards and closed minded as the fundamentalists they rail against.

I've been meaning to write a proper piece on rationality as the "false religion" of these modern times (that we may be aproaching the end of which)... but where is the time i ask you, WHERE IS THE TIME?!!?!
That would be interesting read.

To be fair, childOftheBlogosphere, mostly it is not your opinions people have objected to but your cocksureness. Sometimes the small clarifying words make all the difference: ‘I think this is how it is’ rather than ‘This is how it is.’

luka

my question is: where does all this antagonism come from?

surely people are just talking about what they are into, and how they have interepreted bodies of knowledge? what is wrong with that?

what is the constant making fun and opposing this clearly good natured and harmless COTB about?

is it because anyone who speaks up about lofty ideas not commonly accepted by the self righteous majority is automatically "condescending" and "thinks he is better than everyone else"? so what if he spoke of ignorance? it's a very, very real phenomenon isn't it? why get all defensive?

not sure i've ever felt like i on zhaos side before but i agree with this. its fairly clear whats happening. the people who are most aggrevied are almost without exception people who had these experinces at the same age as cotb is now. they know how good it feels to feel like that and they miss it. they'd love to feel like that, but they tell themselves its foolish. they're old and beaten down and have pretensions to a world-weary wisdom. its an ugly sight.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Then again it might be the smug condescending self-satisfaction that radiates from every word. Not to mention the flat out ignorance. There's nothing worse than a troll with a halo.

luka

cut him some slack paul you grumpy old git!
just cos youre the grand archmage of sheffield, you got to let the kids join in too you know....

D

droid

I dunno. You don't get to be grand archmage without making a few sacrifices.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
To know, to will, to dare and to remain silent - those are the criteria. And I'm not sure any of them are terribly compatible with internet forums. But that's just my view. :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
How and why do threads get resurrected like this after almost two years of inactivity? I think it's quite interesting just from a forum-ological perspective.

Luka, any particular reason why you came back to this thread today, if you don't mind me asking?

zhao

there are no accidents
Luka, any particular reason why you came back to this thread today, if you don't mind me asking?

maybe Mr. Luka did some shrooms over the weekend alone in the woods and saw the underlying mystical lattice of eternal light resonating beneath the thin veil of materialist illusion.

zhao

there are no accidents
haha it just occurred to me that if someone else from earlier this thread said this it would mean something completely different... :D

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
maybe Mr. Luka did some shrooms over the weekend alone in the woods and saw the underlying mystical lattice of eternal light resonating beneath the thin veil of materialist illusion.

Bah, you could buy those little fuckers by the quarter-pound here until a couple of years ago. :(

CHAOTROPIC

on account
Wow ... what an unbelievably depressing thread. Lots of raspberries being blown weren't there?

What WERE those original occult pictures that blew up childoftheblogosphere's pineal gland & prompted all those knowing winky smileys? They seem to have disappeared. I want a 3rd eyegasm too!!

I think it was a stats card for someone's Level 6 Chaos Mage.

haha. oh dear.

I want a 3rd eyegasm too!!

perhaps a few of his animated gifs will do the trick:

chid_66_OFFICgfla_blSMALLEST.gif

staan_crime_missing.gif

jesus_love_short.gif

britney_666.gif

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Wow ... what an unbelievably depressing thread. Lots of raspberries being blown weren't there?

What WERE those original occult pictures that blew up childoftheblogosphere's pineal gland & prompted all those knowing winky smileys? They seem to have disappeared. I want a 3rd eyegasm too!!

heh I nicked one of em for the patricide logo on the myspace page, check it, dun no!

I miss Toccowich. I hope he gets out of wherever they locked him up soon.