Clothes

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
please point me in the direction of somewhere that sells functional caps and hats, like deer stalkers, elmer fudd caps and various things like that, nice ones well made. cant for the life of me find anything more than the typically trad ones.

If yr in London, try Beyond Retro off Brick Lane, I got a really great flat cap with ear flaps from there a while back, and they had a few good uns there but the others were too small for my unfeasibly huge head.

swears

preppy-kei
Just got a Barbour:

looks sweet with a shirt and tie.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
please point me in the direction of somewhere that sells functional caps and hats, like deer stalkers, elmer fudd caps and various things like that, nice ones well made. cant for the life of me find anything more than the typically trad ones.

here!

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
it is probably the manhattan businessman hive mind, then.
just the quilted barbours----did not see many waxed numbers around, though the waxed ones are everywhere in boston. i only occasionally see a barbour (of any sort) in philly.

luka

yeah im glad those james brown trousers are coming back. its cos i asked about them on this thread a little while ago. you have to have colourful socks if youre going to be flashing sock though. otherwise whats the point. yellow ones and that.

luka

THIS DOESNT APPLY if you are lucky enough to have some colourful james brown trusers though. like pink or a nice blue or even yellow.

zhao

there are no accidents
it is absolutely fascinating how my own aesthetic preferences and tastes in these matters change with the tide of trends.

how it feels like i "personally" just loved the way boot cuts look 3 years ago; and now how skinny is the only way to go, which feels like a highly individuated, subjective decision.

but of course it's not. (depends on definition i guess).

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i've been selling off my skinny jeans (one on eBay at the mo'), mainly because i am less skinny these days. regular-fit is more my speed. levi's 1947 cut! my go-to trousers these days are a pair of 1950s US military fatigue pants.

i do like cropped trousers, but i can't abide sta-prest. all natch fibers for me, thanks!

luka

im a thirty inch waist and a 32 inch leg so a slim cut makes sense for me. baggy looks horrid on me.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
^ that was my size until approximately 6 months ago!
now i'm up to 32w for the first time in my life
have started running this week---first time i've ever worked out in 31 years!
never thought my metabolism would slow down.

luka

fantastic, your one sounds very extensive...
my guess is virtually everyone on dissensus has these measurements.