Kevin Shields bringing back MBV!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Yes yes yes--- MBV Arkestra remix by far the best thing Shields has done... transforming so-so bit of faux-blaxploitation instrumental soundtrack funk into layer upon layer of kinetic tabla-laced writhing noise. Properly modern-psychedelic..."
Spot on I reckon.

"is this the xtrmntr primal scream thing?"
It's off that album yeah.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
I liked the guitar he contributed to Dot Allison's first LP...he also did some fine production work for Joy Zipper a few years ago...don't know if MBV can pull it together as a band, but I'd reckon Shields himself still has something left to say...

I dunno about all of this...

Yes yes yes--- MBV Arkestra remix by far the best thing Shields has done... transforming so-so bit of faux-blaxploitation instrumental soundtrack funk into layer upon layer of kinetic tabla-laced writhing noise. Properly modern-psychedelic...

why does this forum love so much metaphor and ting lol? but yeah, when the horns start to insanely loop and feedback and then it takes off with so much volume and that whistling noise...that alone made me think

'I gotta watch this dude'

I will listen to MBV one day...dunno when

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Its sposed to aid identification of what the music might sound like... the track consists of samples taken from the original track filtered up and down through what sounds like a delay-->wah/filter set up, overlaid with cantering tablas. The effect being far more texturally interesting (and yes writhing is definitely the correct word) than the somewhat more E-like bliss/bent sounds of MBV.