Dissensus Cassette Swap Parte Deux

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
so if the people who couldn't join in beacause they haven't tape decks get a tape, what are they gonna do?
does that not mean the tapes will just go to the 'tape people' and essentially divide the thing anyway? am i just being a pain in the arse?
Pain? Not at all. These are important questions. As shudder points out above, some Dissensians can play tapes, but can't record them.

If you are limited in what you can play or record, please let me know.

I would definitely be up for this if it was all-original material.
I would argue that good DJs use tracks like movements in a symphony. If you want to send a tape of all original material, gek, I'm sure that someone here would be happy to receive it. Why don't you roll the dice and take a chance? What have you got to lose? You might hear something great.

N

nomadologist

hi, someone needs to arrest that guy. that's creepy...

in the US that would be like a homeless guy, you'd get the tape home, it would be kind of weird futuristic junkfunk played on tin cans, you'd think "eehh this is funny" then when you got home from work a few days later he'd be sitting in front of your door, toothless, trying to sell you a broken printer and a stolen cell phone or something.

not that that's ever really happened...

i have a couple songs my band's singer just recorded i can put on a mixtape, unfortunately he's in LA so i'm not playing on it

ewmy

Genre Addict
and i still wonder who got my first emotronix effort :)

That was me. It's great, and I can say with full confidence because I still listen to it regularly as one of the 5 tapes in my car. I'm just sorry I never finished my review - it seriously needs a scanner to do justice to all the hand-made extras (is it too late now?). I did complete a summing-up sentence though:

The moral of this tape is "always fix the draw of a tape-trade so you get the organiser".

:D

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
That was me. It's great, and I can say with full confidence because I still listen to it regularly as one of the 5 tapes in my car. I'm just sorry I never finished my review - it seriously needs a scanner to do justice to all the hand-made extras (is it too late now?).
Not too late. Head on over and post that review.

That goes for anyone else who feels the urge to review their tape from Round 1. By all means.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
A new review!

A new tape review is up here!

It's from the first round, but who cares!

BTW, the review blog can be still be found at the link above, but Google has taken over all of the old Blogger accounts. They insisted that we switch over to the new Google account. In order to do that, I had to change the password and stuff. So, if you want to post those old reviews, just email me at chef dot napalm at gmail dot com and I'll set you up.

Guybrush

Dittohead
This is by far the most difficult to compile mixtape I have ever done. Well, well, after a lot of puzzling, I now have 25 minutes I’m satisfied with.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"This is by far the most difficult to compile mixtape I have ever done. Well, well, after a lot of puzzling, I now have 25 minutes I’m satisfied with."
Oh dear, I haven't started recording yet. I have put some thought in to it though and I'm gonna take a load of records down to Oxford with me at the weekend to use my friend's tape-recorder and see how my ideas sound.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
damnit. i missed it again. i was real interested in the last one, but missed out.

it seems my unintanetional break from dissensus was at exactly the wrong time.

if anyone needs to drop out and needs someone to make a tape, i would LOVE to.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Done it!
It was a bit different from how I planned it but no matter. Just gotta do some packaging now.

sufi

lala
done it :D that was a right nostalgia trip

piratkassett.gif

somebody's in for a big hit of lo-fi :cool:

Guybrush

Dittohead
I have a lot of school assignments to complete this week, so I won’t have the time to complete my mix on time. I promise to get it finished within three weeks, though (I’m already halfway through, actually).

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I've just finished mine - no real prep, just a case of sticking on the the first one and then rifling through the collection to find the appropriate next one, and so on. seems to have worked okay in the past... some of the segues and volume adjustments can be a bit squiffy, but I guess it's all part of the charm.

I was HAND-DELIVERED my wonderful cassette early last week, will stick up a review soon

IdleRich

IdleRich
Posted mine on Friday so with a bit of luck someone should have it by now.
Despite what I said before I didn't really get round to doing any packaging.

D

dubversion

my burner is KAPUT!! so i'm going to be late, i'll get it burnt somehow this weekend and mail it on Monday. Sorry :(

Mollusc

mollusc
My burner is being a cock as well! I thrashed it repeatedly last night and seemed to get some life out of it so will hopefully get it sorted over the weekend...