Dissensus Cassette Swap Parte Deux

IdleRich

IdleRich
Blimey, that was a good review and a lot of time had obviously gone in to it but if my tape gets a review like that I will cry.
Exuma, is that the voodoo guy?
Martin, if you are interested in the Pretty Things (and their ilk) you should check this out

http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=5320

Because they are playing live. The after-party should be good as well.

martin

----
Kevin Martin? If not, then I'm missing the reference.

While we're on the subject of obscure references, what's all this about Hackney Homes?

Yeah, that's the one. He wasn't always into 'raggacore', he used to just be a regular pop DJ, I remember him playing Big Fun and New Kids on the Block records when he first started. As for Hackney Homes....I'm afraid I can't reveal too much about this, but it's a kind of 'in-joke' reference to some documentation the compiler sent me pertaining to this evil council sect

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Blimey, that was a good review and a lot of time had obviously gone in to it but if my tape gets a review like that I will cry.
I've been thinking (Obsessing? Worrying? Panicking?:eek: ) about this for the last week or so. I'm not exactly sure why. I'm not so fragile that I can't take criticism and I was really pleased with the tape when I made it. In fact, just last week I made a CD for someone I work with and the next day he told me it was "clubshit". Just like that: clubshit. All one word. And I could care less. I just sort of dismissed him with an, "Open your mind, idiot." (In my head of course. What I really said was, "I'm sorry you didn't like it.")

It's not going to be so easy to dismiss other Dissensians, I fear.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
My burner is being a cock as well! I thrashed it repeatedly last night and seemed to get some life out of it so will hopefully get it sorted over the weekend...
Mollusc, can you email or PM me please? Last time I tried to email you it bounced back.

Mollusc

mollusc
I've been buried. Cd will be on its way shortly - fear not!

I got mine and its great. I'll need a wee while to get my head round it's Canadian charm - review to follow...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Tape Slapper

Got my tape today (er, except it's a cd). Looks nice anyway, lots of gospel, blues and stuff on the first "side" and more unusual looking on the other. Just got to find a cd player to listen to it on and I'll do a review (I haven't got a tape player either so that wouldn't have been any easier).

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
I have to say that I'm very pleased with the level of effort going into both the tapes and the reviews (so far not one under 1000 words). Keep it up everybody.

Guybrush

Dittohead
As I was amongst the unlucky few who neither got a tape, nor had theirs reviewed, I thought that I may as well put it up here for other Dissensians to enjoy.

The main purpose of this mix is to showcase the wonders of harmonic mixing, how songs from a wide array of genres can be conflated into a coherent whole without the end result’s being a kitschy mess. For this reason, I think you will appreciate it even if you are already familiar with some of the songs. My main priority, however, has been for the songs to be strong in their individual right, and for the mixing merely to bring out the best in each of them. Naturally, all feedback is more than welcome.

Guybrush – Mix (2007-04-09)
68 min @ 320 kbps

01. Hello Saferide – The Quiz (2006)
02. Patience & Prudence – Tonight You Belong to Me (1956)
03. The Partridge Family – It's One of Those Nights (Yes Love) (1972)
04. Patti Page – Gentle on My Mind (1968)
05. Alabama – Mountain Music (1982)
06. Henry Mancini & His Orchestra – Bistro (1963)
07. The 5th Dimension – Working on a Groovy Thing (1969)
08. Creation of Sunlight – David (1968)
09. The Friends of Distinction – Grazing in the Grass (1969)
10. The Doobie Brothers – Echoes of Love (1977)
11. Freeez – Southern Freeez (1981)
12. Dub Sweden – Old House (2002)
13. Logic System – Clash (Chinjyu of Sun) (1981)
14. Skwerl – Betaserc (2006)
15. The Limit – She's So Divine (1982)
16. Massive Attack vs Mad Professor – Trinity Dub (Three) (1995)
17. A Compact Disc Including the Embassy – Tell Me About Panache (2006)
18. Basia – Freeze Thaw (1986)
19. Simian Mobile Disco – Hot Dog (2007)
20. Jodeci – My Heart Belongs to U (1993)
21. Air France – Introduction (2006)
22. Culture Beat – I Like You (1990)
23. Tragic Error – Umbaba (1990)
24. Plastikman – Spastik (1993)
25. D-Shake – Techno Trance (Revisited) (1990)
26. Miss Toni Fisher – The Big Hurt (1959)
27. Ignition – Planet 69 (Williams Remix) (2006)
28. Luciano – Afghan Birds (2007)
29. JoJo De Freq – Make Some Noise! (2006)
30. Resonance – Yellow Train (1973)
31. Steve Reich – Six Pianos (1973)
32. Venise – Love Is the Real Thing (1978)
33. Zizi Jeanmaire – Mon truc en plumes (1961)
34. Nina Simone – Sinnerman (Get By) (1965)
35. Pat Metheny Group – Offramp (1981)
36. Jacques Brel – La valse à mille temps (1959)
37. The Divine Comedy – Threesome (2007)
38. Frédéric Chopin – Mazurka No. 47 (1827)
39. Örjanslåten