films you've seen recently and would NOT recommend

luka

it looks like ferris beullers day out. the monied californian elite. beautiful bodies. fluffy pink knitware. wrangler jeeps for schoolchildren.

wild greens

Watching White House Down at the moment. Jamie Foxx the president, Channing Tatum dodging helicopter missiles on the white house lawn by doing doughnuts in a limo

And somehow still bang average

IdleRich

IdleRich
Right, but it's also intended to be shocking. You're supposed to think "Urgh, snail porridge?!" then "Oh, wow!" if you dare to actually eat it. It toys with your sense of disgust.
Is it though? Snails are fairly standard in France and Portugal, I don't think they are disgusting so why should snail porridge be disgusting? I just it's strange and that's the same with a lot of his dishes.

DLaurent

Watched Citizen Kane with my sister. It's not particularly good and I think gets ironically picked by critics as the best ever due to the gist of the story, as well as being a bit modern and having good B&W cinematography.

craner

Beast of Burden
Watched Citizen Kane with my sister. It's not particularly good and I think gets ironically picked by critics as the best ever due to the gist of the story, as well as being a bit modern and having good B&W cinematography.

Have you ever seen 'Shiver of the Vampires'?

shakahislop

found it such an annoying film. loads of 'witty' banter

luka

Have you ever seen 'Shiver of the Vampires'?
me and craner watched those two films back to back at our weekly 'film nite' and concluded that shover of the vampires was way better. it's in colour and has loads of bared breasts.

luka

When a honeymooning couple visit the crumbling estate of the bride's ancestors, they discover her closet is filled with more than skeletons: a sinister lesbian vampire, a pair of nubile handmaidens, and two vampire hunters who have been recruited into the ranks of the undead.

The fourth entry in Jean Rollin’s cycle of erotic vampire films is, as always, a sensory delight, with the director revelling in the splash of crimson red against naked flesh. The film’s “excellent visual qualities” (as noted by the BFI’s Monthly Film Bulletin upon its release) are burnished by a soundtrack of prime psychedelia by Acanthus.

Contains frequent nudity and moderate sexualised violence

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not only is it a bad sentence but it expresses so little.

I replied to 1. Spite dlaurent and Shaka and 2. As a sort of ineffectual note to self