JME: next stop the world

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I'm pretty sure the kids shouting "serious" in Channel 4's Skins were directly referencing JME...

Yes - wear a Boy Better Know t-shirt on a bus or tube in London and you'll know. I had bare 12 yr olds hollaring at me on my way to Shepherd's Bush on Saturday

xenon

Wild Horses
I think JME and Skepta will both crossover, but JME will be first. He has the most professionalism in grime. He's got good beats, understandable bars, with decent content in them, and most importantly, he has PRESENCE. I also believe that when he does crossover, he will stay true to grime, unlike the others who used it as a crutch to get to sucess, and then dropped it like they were never in the scene.

Boy Better Know!

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
JME seems to be working on his own profile, making him a better prospect for mainstream appreciation (without necessarely crossing over). Skepta, on the other hand, seems to be trying to build his succes through building the scene. Like the NASA tour and keeping a consistent presence. Should help them both this way.

xenon

Wild Horses
JME seems to be working on his own profile, making him a better prospect for mainstream appreciation (without necessarely crossing over). Skepta, on the other hand, seems to be trying to build his succes through building the scene. Like the NASA tour and keeping a consistent presence. Should help them both this way.

but Kano is the only grime mc to make it onto that playstation game haha

HAhAHA!!

It's sad to say, but JME is to grime, what LL Cool J was to hip hop............HAAHHAHAHAHA

gumdrops

nah, sorry, JME isnt grimes next hope. its not happening guys. its time to give it up i think, this idea that someone else is going to blow like dizzee. just give it up now. we should just concentrate on guys having good careers for themselves on a middle-tier level rather than STILL expecting someone to make it big on radio 1 and on the pop charts. plus, JME is just too simplistic half the time. people are already sick of dumbed down hip hop, what makes you think they wanna hear dumbed down (flow wise) grime too? seriously im starting to wonder if people on here only like pop music or something cos its like you all want grime to blow up so much. not sure why. just look at what thats done to hip hop. then again grime artists are doing that to themselves (eg - breakway) *without* blowing up, so hey, who needs pop success..

Last edited:

xenon

Wild Horses
gumdrops.... i hear what your saying... but as much as u may not like it, JME is the guy that is gon blow this scene to to masses. PERIOD. I think it was said a few posts ago, Grime Reaper n JME are a dream team [true stories] I'm listening to 'go on my own' right right now, and it is 'it'. So fuck off son... don mean to be a prick, but if you really know music, you really know that JME will carry grime to the forefront, I'm sure that most who know there business on here will at least agree to some extent on that one...

gumdrops

mate, dont mean to be a prick, but you can kindly fuck off as well.

of course i know what jme is doing for the scene - him and skepta are making big moves by doing PAs everywhere and getting gigs for peaches geldof and all the rest of it which is REALLY great - and i hope serious does well both for him and the rinse label but as far as 'blowing up', no, i dont see it happening.

xenon

Wild Horses
gumdrops.... i hear what your saying... but as much as u may not like it, JME is the guy that is gon blow this scene to to masses. PERIOD. I think it was said a few posts ago, Grime Reaper n JME are a dream team [true stories] I'm listening to 'go on my own' right right now, and it is 'it'. So fuck off son... don mean to be a prick, but if you really know music, you really know that JME will carry grime to the forefront, I'm sure that most who know there business on here will at least agree to some extent on that one...

mate, dont mean to be a prick, but you can kindly fuck off as well.

of course i know what jme is doing for the scene - him and skepta are making big moves by doing PAs everywhere and getting gigs for peaches geldof and all the rest of it which is REALLY great - and i hope serious does well both for him and the rinse label but as far as 'blowing up', no, i dont see it happening.

but, c'mon, now. that's it. they are MAKING it. and they are representing GRIME. Unlike those other fucks who get a bit of light on them and DENOUNCE grime. PAY attention.. how can you discount JME.. BBK.. when that is what will make grime viable in the commercial market..wake the fuck up!... want A drink blud? need 1?

gumdrops

but, c'mon, now. that's it. they are MAKING it. and they are representing GRIME. Unlike those other fucks who get a bit of light on them and DENOUNCE grime. PAY attention.. how can you discount JME.. BBK.. when that is what will make grime viable in the commercial market..wake the fuck up!... want A drink blud? need 1?

regardless of the fact you post like an annoying 14 yr old, i dont need a drink, thanks, but i wouldnt mind some better MCing from JME. i also wouldnt mind his mixtapes having less than 75% chaff.

Sef

Wild Horses
JME's not serious, he's seriously shit. I don't like this shitty pop-grime variant he's pushing. And all his preaching 'sense' chatter got boring months ago.

JME is heavy

I hope he continues to do well INDEPENDENTLY (as he's been doing so far) and therefore inspire everyone else coming up to stick a middle finger up at labels AND MAKE MORE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES BY PUTTING THE GRAFT IN AND DOIN' IT THEMSELVES. sorry I feel "all caps" (c) Doom today lol

for the 1000th time...F*** A CROSSOVER!

this is old-school thinking

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
serious grower.

started off thinking he was poo.. then liked it a bit.. now cant get enough!

bring on more jme.