JME: next stop the world

Snaps

snaps
I agree with Logos. JME is excellent as a organiser, ideas, business and just general enthusiasm. But as an MC I just think he is too basic, both content and flow. When he does tunes about Big Brother Britain he just sounds a little forced and cliched. Go on my Own is ok, but it never makes you hit pause, go wow, and push the rewind button. (your chest, to all the people still using CD walkmen!) Whereas Wiley, Trim, Skepta, Scorcher, Ghetto and D Double all do on a regular basis. He's kinda monotonous after a while. But tunes like Food and AWOH are fun. That's all he is really in my opinion. But he is an excellent prospect for crossover because he's above all instantly likeable and his tunes aren't shocking.

benjybars

village elder.
I'd give it a go but I can't see myself getting into a whole set or album of JME or whatever - in fact there are very few who can hold it like that. Maybe Dizzee, Wiley and possibly Skepta.

are u drunk??? skepta holds a set like a badderman

Snaps

snaps
Anyone reach to FWD last night??

Heard a bit of the stream of rinse and it sounded flipping massive.

What MC's/tunes smashed it??

outraygeous

joker played 1st. grime set and alot of his own beats. went down well

plastic tin man played next and duppied it off, skepta mced

skepta djed and footsie held mike, footsie owns fwd>>, everyone was ending his bars.

maxi priest came on and i left as i was tired and it was 2.

think the mcing got held down as it was gettin to hype. but fwd>> was rammed

stageshow riddem got air, true stories

outraygeous

i was sitting by hte entrance to the dark room and it was going off nicely. loads of gun fingers , lighters, wicked vibe. but it was full on mcing (which it should of been) but then i see sarah running thru the crowd and then i hear no mcing and skepta asking everyone to hold it down.

forwaaaard!

joker played 1st. grime set and alot of his own beats. went down well

plastic tin man played next and duppied it off, skepta mced

skepta djed and footsie held mike, footsie owns fwd>>, everyone was ending his bars.

maxi priest came on and i left as i was tired and it was 2.

think the mcing got held down as it was gettin to hype. but fwd>> was rammed

stageshow riddem got air, true stories

skepta said "theres ladies in here man, calm down" when it was starting to kick off

footsie was the one though, he lit the place up completely! hes gotta be one of my all time faves! if d double e was there jesus some people wouldve had heart attacks. definately the best fwd i have been to - oh yeah joker smacked it aswell but bugs bunny was swag

stageshow gets air because you cant dance to it, its just too fast. it got air at styleslut and fwd now. twice in a week.

tubby went b2b maximmum aswell...jesus it was like dream team grime @ fwd, great look.
i left as loefah stepped up, no disrespect, but i was shattered after all that skanking and had to cycle home/

i swear coki - tortured got played about 8 times in 3 hours aswell. mc's love it

elgato

I just dont know
stageshow riddim sounded outrageous on that system

agree on footsie, he devastated it. fuda guy rinsed it also

stageshow riddim sounded outrageous on that system

agree on footsie, he devastated it. fuda guy rinsed it also

the newham gens Need to put something out. anything!!!!!! tubby is one of the best there is too, beats/mixing-wise - completely rinsed it. shame dee wasnt there

mos dan

fact music
i was sitting by hte entrance to the dark room and it was going off nicely. loads of gun fingers , lighters, wicked vibe. but it was full on mcing (which it should of been) but then i see sarah running thru the crowd and then i hear no mcing and skepta asking everyone to hold it down.

there were five minutes there, when skepta had the mic, and then passed it to god's gift (who no-one realised was present), when the place just EXPLODED. people were kinda half-moshing, and the energy levels were sky high, which is when sarah told skepta to calm it. he spent the following half an hour just hosting, didn't spit a single bar, while plastic played really slow, dry dubstep. tubby's selection killed any hope of energy as well, i gotta say.

fuda was shower though, footsie too. and jammer was good briefly, but eventually boyed off the mic by loefah (who played a dubstep set that was so expansive and loud that jamz couldn't keep up - big achievement).

jme was pretty meh all night tbh. happy birthday though and all - i think he's a great talent i just don't think he's a rave mc at all.

how is it that i can go to a night featuring jme, skepta, gg, fuda, footsie, and jammer, with plastician, maximum, tubby, loe and joker selecting, and still feel disappointed? i guess it's because for five minutes there i saw what grime can be, but the disappointment stems from the fact that it was for five minutes only. i'm slightly upset to think that that's as hype as it's ever going to be allowed to get tbh.

mos dan

fact music
there were five minutes there, when skepta had the mic, and then passed it to god's gift (who no-one realised was present), when the place just EXPLODED. people were kinda half-moshing, and the energy levels were sky high, which is when sarah told skepta to calm it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WP63CHYU

nicked off dubstepforum, an mp3 of the 9 mins when it went off before they switched down a gear.

skepta saying 'this fwd is going to be very very ugly' afterwards, his heart just ain't innit anymore is it? according to plastic - and everyone else - it HAD to be calmed down, there was no choice. that doesn't make it any less sad though.

Can someone explain to me why, if a rave is going off and everyone's enjoying it, would you tell the MCs to stop, try and slow it down?
Makes no sense at all.