Tell yer girlfriend to leave me alone
And stop ringing my phobile mone
I'm serious it's gettin on top...

I'm Slim but I ain't got anorexia
I spit like I got dyslexia"

Rust jidiculous.

john eden

male pale and stale
mmmmm the calming influence of dubstep - like a musical prefect ;)

btw sorry i lost you john, and sorry i wittered rather tipsily to you martin&david.

I was happy meandering about... bumped into a few people off here (hello!) and thoroughly enjoyed the high-quality wittering in the queue.

gumdrops

whats most annoying about jme is that as tracks like celebrate with roll deep show, he can actually emcee in a way that isnt baby talk.

tom pr

Jet Li?

I don't have the disc to hand, but I think it's Scratchy, Flowdan, Skepta and Jet in that order.

gumdrops

honestly i think this guy is crap.

yeah, hes got marketability ('not a grime artist who just talks about guns!'), good work ethic, hes enterprising, etc etc. but as an mc, apart from when hes live at a rave or on radio where he at least sounds hype, hes generally just POOR. lines that dont rhyme, lines which dont even relate to each other, irritatingly simplistic delivery, and half the time not even that good production to make you forget any of that. im kinda glad he DIDNT blow up big time in fear of how that might have influenced other MCs. and for all his apparent 'conscious grime'-ness, ive yet to really hear much evidence of it. very overrated emcee.

gumdrops

skepta is obv the better emcee, but between him and jme, i think they can sound too 'simple'. with skepta its not at all bad, (apart from when hes doing stupid chants like 'throw your cd in the bin') cos most of the time hes actually saying something - hes a good writer, but with his brother, its ridiculously vapid and pointless. i dont know how or why he got to become an Mc in the first place. i think it was probably just as a business thing to sell t shirts and make some money. that said, i did like him on private caller. but that was years back.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
JME Or Skepta?

I think that as a team they're great. JME has his own offbeat style but I'l give you that Skepta is the better emcee.

One.

gumdrops

yeah jme is more tolerable just doing one verse per song. hearing him do a full song on his own though is painful.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
bollocks to the lot of you, i think JME's amazing, in the top 5 or 6. personally i find Skepta great in raves but he can be a bit literal on CD, unlike JME or Trim that take a bit more listening to.

some of the bars on Derkhead edition 3 are nuts. he spits backwards, he spits in french, he spits in hypertext, he does story telling tunes with switches and he's hillarious. who else would threaten to call their album "ya dun know tha album?"

Benny Bunter

I love JME! He's well funny, and much more unique than Skepta as a voice. And 'Pence' was one of the best things on that Mary Ann Hobbs compilation I reckon. I'm actually quite surprised that he seems to split opinion so much. What's not to like?

outraygeous

'start of the game, picked up a q....' is still one of the greatest grime bars

this is true, but its so old he used to spit it on deja when he bro was djing and didnt even touch mike.

jme used to have anger - its all gone

jme has made it, he cant any bigger than he is now

a barraka was and is his biggest beat of all time