Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yeah I'm glad someone has brought this up, bane of my existence.
'Unexpected Item In Bagging Area' - ARGUHSDIJJFOIFJODJF FUCK OFF. :mad:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
And when they say 'Take your purchases please" or whatever. Soon it will be "You're taking too long, human. Are you some kind of cunt?"

Or self-service funerals.

That pciture of a baboon with a rifle - which war is that from?

grizzleb

Self-service checkouts are a fucking boon. Next time you're at one, put an expensive item in your bag without scanning it - press 'using my own bag', the boy will come up and fire in his wee code without checking your bag. Then take some ginger and weigh it, then 'accidentally' press onions instead of ginger. Badaboom. Pounds off every shop. :cool:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I mentioned it before but my friend almost got the police called on him after booking a steak as a potato. Think over time he's well ahead though.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Self-service checkouts are a fucking boon. Next time you're at one, put an expensive item in your bag without scanning it - press 'using my own bag', the boy will come up and fire in his wee code without checking your bag. Then take some ginger and weigh it, then 'accidentally' press onions instead of ginger. Badaboom. Pounds off every shop. :cool:

Living the dream! ;)

luka

i hate them in supermarkets but in libraries they are essential whn you want to borrow books that are a bit embaressing such as 'living with syphilis.'

you

I find the self service machines fascinating, after watching ( brooker rant-a-coming ) news articles about how the uk has no sense of society, more crime, cold hearted youths, the internet making people emotionally distant and lonely I can walk out side, use an oyster card, or buy a train ticket, or use an automated ticket system at a carpark, go to an ATM, and buy all my shit without facing the awkward trauma of making eye contact with anyone........ running parallel there is a rise in reality tv, and public interest events that are mercilessly pumped for capital..........

Also, on radio 4 there was a program about aspergers, how years ago the chronic sufferer would be seen as an odd man who was very involved with his pastimes ( but not seen as having a problem, and certainly not an illness )...... now men are required to be very emotionally engaged with family, friends, colleagues and relatives....(so aspergers is more prevalent because years ago it wouldnt affect lives quite so much, father and sons had less heart to hearts, men basically set up a family, housed them and retired to their studies and hobbies and work) all at a time when actual inter-person exchanges are diminishing on every corner.

I just think it's queer. There probably a book about it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well, what if you wanted to buy, say, some condoms, some vaseline and a cucumber from Tesco?

I've always wanted to do this while looking straight at the checkout operator as if to say "What?".

I'm not sure what the condoms are needed for - can you catch anything from cucumbers?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Does my head in:

The sublime brooding horror latent in utter mundanity.

On a related note: the fact that so much of Britain (urban/suburban Britain, at any rate) is, in the final analysis, pigfuck ugly.

This post is not uncorrelated to the fact that I took a train through Reading, Slough etc. yesterday...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I'm not sure what the condoms are needed for - can you catch anything from cucumbers?"
Depends if you're gonna share maybe? Also in case it breaks I guess. Maybe I've thought about this too much.