Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
god yes. and sparkly high heeled flip-flops need to combust, now.

They're not as bad as those God-awful 'croc' shoes, though. Croc-of-shit shoes more like, hahaha, see what I did there?!?!?

I was most gratified to see on the front of the Sun or Mirror today a story about how CROCS CAN KILL. :)

zhao

there are no accidents
but on hot hot summer days flip flops is the only answer. a simple pair is not really an eye sore...

yeah those fucking crocs. know what i don't mind, which a lot of people do, besides flip flops, is Ugs. i've always liked the way they look (on girls obviously)

ripley

but on hot hot summer days flip flops is the only answer. a simple pair is not really an eye sore...

flip-flops on the beach, ok. in the city.. no. And I (totally irrationally I know) dislike the look of men in flip-flops, particularly.

especially since my Yankee self moved to california. God, what a bunch of slobs out here.

maybe I also hate them because I can't wear them. they hurt hurt hurt.

borderpolice

flip-flops on the beach, ok. in the city.. no. And I (totally irrationally I know) dislike the look of men in flip-flops, particularly.

I used to hate on flip-flops ... Several visits to brazil later, I'm wearing very little else in the summer (not that london has had much of one this year). almost as good as barefoot! Just got myself some new camo-flip-flops!

maybe I also hate them because I can't wear them. they hurt hurt hurt.

How so?

zhao

there are no accidents
i've voiced these deeply seated grievances before, but i simply can not say it enough:

the white t-shirts showing under collared shirts (with top 1 or 2 unbuttoned).

and i can't really stand seeing people wearing boot cut jeans any more.

N

nomadologist

i've voiced these deeply seated grievances before, but i simply can not say it enough:

the white t-shirts showing under collared shirts (with top 1 or 2 unbuttoned).

and i can't really stand seeing people wearing boot cut jeans any more.

i told you it would happen!

N

nomadologist

the latest trend in women's jeans is severely high waisted flares, often with sailor-like multiple button closure. not even kate moss looks skinny in them, they're so unflattering.

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah what is that about? and here I was just getting used to the low cut, which makes legs look shorter and girls look like sloppy boys.

if the low cut is hedonism or not giving a shit, the high waist is rigid victorian prissiness that almost aproaches what are those locks that women used to wear when their husbands were off sailing...

N

nomadologist

yeah what is that about? and here I was just getting used to the low cut, which makes legs look shorter and girls look like sloppy boys.

if the low cut is hedonism or not giving a shit, the high waist is rigid victorian prissiness that almost aproaches what are those locks that women used to wear when their husbands were off sailing...

roffle...it's the sharp and unforgiving pendulum swing that keeps fashion producing if not productive. if it's ultra pointy toes and very high heels on women's shoes for a while (i remember when these looked so sharp!), then it's going to be very round flats within a couple of seasons.

one of my fashion pet peeves is bra straps showing, especially under a spaghetti-strap tank. just buy a strapless bra! they don't cost more than like $10.

dHarry

chastity belts!
chastity.jpg

well, aesthetics/semiotics aside, it's mainly about reversing the last thing they were trying to sell, and looking back to the seventies - weren't the original bell-bottoms pretty high-waisted? and they could be a good solution for the side-effects of the low-cut: "muffin-top" and builder's crack! I guess the point of the low-cut was to show off yr thong, bellybutton piercing, stomach, and hip bones?

borderpolice

the latest trend in women's jeans is severely high waisted flares, often with sailor-like multiple button closure. not even kate moss looks skinny in them, they're so unflattering.

I've been worrying about this trend for a few months now. But so far it's been burining fairly low key. Alas last night, i saw quite a few of those. Hope it was just a statistical anomaly and/or shoreditch!

borderpolice

boot cuts have a slight flair. like between straight and bell bottom.

pheeew, good, then i don't have boot cuts, only straight leg.

MOre importantly, what is the currently accepted length for jeans? I suffer from trouserlength dysmorphism (a tendency to buy trousers that are either too short or too long), but from time to time fashion swings make my mistakes trendy!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Jeans that fasten with buttons. What the fuck is with this? It's like re-inventing the wheel and making it square instead of round.

Last time I looked H&M don't even sell zip-fly jeans anymore. But then, all their clothes are made by blind orphans in Pooristan for 11p a day, so fuck H&M.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Speaking of those high waist jeans, there was a picture of a 'trendy couple' in a local listings mag a couple of months back where the girl was in these and I seriously had to cut that page out of the magazine because the picture annoyed me so much every time I saw it. The guy looked like a w****r too though.

Actually it's freaking nightmare round where I live for that kind of thing.

Last edited: