Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but i'll still drink the lot of you wankers under the table ANY fucking day.

We're talking beer, dude, not cha! ;)

Edit: and even so, you'd be hard pushed to beat me. Speaking of which, I think it's time to put the kettle on...

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
We're talking beer, dude, not cha! ;)

oh is that what that plasticman tune is about! he makes it pretty strong i guess.

but yeah, you got it, cha has to do with the lower tolerance...

Edit: and even so, you'd be hard pushed to beat me. Speaking of which, I think it's time to put the kettle on...

good idea! i go down to kitchen now too!

(need more distractions to properly procrastinate on this slightly silly Chameleon project...)

ripley

Does their interaction with you extend to quizzing you as to why you don't drink?

As someone who does drink, I'm more than aware of why people don't.

yeah I dunno, reaction vary, but are usually pointless and boring. Either quizzing me as to why I don't (more europeans do this), or giving me an unutterably boring recital of why they DO (americans do that more).

But many of the brits I worked with just eyed me with suspicion, got really awkward, generally seemed defensive, referred to the fact of my nondrinking a lot (as if it caused a problem when planning social events or going down the pub).

I just find it weird that other people fixate on my choices.

zhao

there are no accidents
well I've just started a fast today so no nothing for me for a while. will be well fun to go to this dirty dancehall party on a boat tomorrow night and not touch a drop... or a puff

borderpolice

But many of the brits I worked with just eyed me with suspicion, got really awkward, generally seemed defensive, referred to the fact of my nondrinking a lot (as if it caused a problem when planning social events or going down the pub).

Haha, i had the same problem when I moved to London, although i do drink sometimes, just rarely (before midnight). I found that any of "I'm a recovering alcoholic", "I'm a muslim" (stopped using that one), and "I prefer cocaine" makes them more understanding.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, yeah, tell 'em booze is too expensive, bad for you and makes you act like a wanker, so you stick to charlie these days. A watertight excuse!

zhao

there are no accidents
well not right now... and not in a month after the fast -- my tolerance will be next to zero - a spoonful of scotch will prolly make me slurr my words...

N

nomadologist

i have no tolerance for alcohol, and in fact, of all drugs, it is my least favorite. prevalent alcoholism on both sides of my family notwithstanding.

N

nomadologist

another pointless thing that does my head in: shitty mess alcoholics who blubber in public and act generally destructive to everyone and everything around them

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Overuse of 'literally'. Like the GMTV reporter (!!!) ITV News had covering the forest fires in Greece last week, who used it four times in about a minute. One of these uses was "...planes dropping literally gallons of water...": really? Whole *gallons*? You're sure they're not going overboard a bit - I mean, all they're trying to do is put out forest fires that are destroying HALF OF FUCKING GREECE. Jesus...

Still, it's not quite as bad as people who say things like "I was literally petrified with fear". No, you were FIGURATIVELY petrified - that's the opposite of literally, right? Gah.

fishe

Overuse of 'literally'. Like the GMTV reporter (!!!) ITV News had covering the forest fires in Greece last week, who used it four times in about a minute. One of these uses was "...planes dropping literally gallons of water...": really? Whole *gallons*? You're sure they're not going overboard a bit - I mean, all they're trying to do is put out forest fires that are destroying HALF OF FUCKING GREECE. Jesus...

Still, it's not quite as bad as people who say things like "I was literally petrified with fear". No, you were FIGURATIVELY petrified - that's the opposite of literally, right? Gah.

Haha I can so literally relate to this ;)

Pisses me off in my darker moments

Lichen

Flip Flops

surely the most useless footwear imaginable

you can't walk uphill in them, or downhill for that matter

in the favella, made from car tyres: yes

pretty much anywhere else: no

ripley

Flip Flops

surely the most useless footwear imaginable

you can't walk uphill in them, or downhill for that matter

in the favella, made from car tyres: yes

pretty much anywhere else: no

god yes. and sparkly high heeled flip-flops need to combust, now.

petergunn

plywood violin

there is a pretty funny David Cross bit about this w/ the example being "I literally shit my pants!" and him being like "jeez, wow, what happened next? did you have to go change?"