lilly allen with the specials at glastonbury

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
It's true though, she does look like Logan.

In fact, I think he's modelling himself on her.

I love the idea of a Specials reunion, think the combo with Allen is a good idea. And I really rather like her tunes. Sod the miserablists!

martin

----
Christ - kids today look so miserable, don't they? I blame the parents. They should kick 'em outdoors during the summer holidays, not let them back in til they've had a good walk and the sun's gone down. Actually, I blame a lack of fruit - kids hanging around in Dallas Fried Chicken, eating those septic lumps of fat - it's a recipe for disaster. When I was a kid, we used to keep fit by stealing cabbages from Pandit's Provisions. I find Amy Winehouse much fitter than Lily. It's a shame Amy never recorded with Coil.

Woebot

i like lily allen and i think she's hot too.

131662583_baa8e6850b_o.jpg

mms

sometimes
I find Amy Winehouse much fitter than Lily. It's a shame Amy never recorded with Coil.

She has a massive head and long funny arms and legs. i think this is what the description of an opera eunich was on this programme i watched on bbc 2 last night.

Isn't it amazing how logan looks exactly like lily allen!

gumdrops

i love the logan=lilly turn this thread has taken.

amy winehouse is not fit. a colleague of mine fancies her. that i really dont get.

hopper

lily allen is hot in the most unconventional sense really. I dunno why, but it seems tonnes seem to like her and I personally don't think her music is bad at all... skipped through the album, and it was a pretty typical indie/pop album in the way that it had a few standout tracks accompanied by a load of crap on the side :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I can't be the only person who thinks she looks a bit like - well, a bit like a mong.

A pretty one, mind.

gumdrops

if we were discussing pattti smith or janis joplin it would probably be quite easy.

:p

sorry.

seriously though, i know what you mean. ive seen hetero women discussing prince, dangelo or whoever and it ends up the same way as this one though.

swears

preppy-kei
seriously though, i know what you mean. ive seen hetero women discussing prince...

They always say "He's not even attractive and he makes all these songs about shagging!"
I always say "That's half the fun, if he was some huge adonis, his act wouldn't work at all."

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've never seen what women are supposedly meant to find so sexy about Prince.
Although I did once meet a girl who said she reckoned he was 'all that' - something about him being "so unafraid to express his feminine side", I think. All I could counter that with was "Sure - but I bet he's shit at darts".

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
all this discussion about lilly allen (imo she can be attractive, as Nick Cave said "at a certain angle in a certain light") but what really excited me was the Specials. One of my favorite bands, and while theyre aging, at least theyre still bringing the ska. but whats up with lilly and the crowd? has everyone forgotten how to dance to ska?

this "reunion" is a lot better than the English Beat one i saw here a year ago. really sad. 3 white guys, one on 2 keyboards playing all the keys, horns, and bass simultaneously. it was at an "Oktoberfest" and there were a lot of yuppies standing around saying "i love 80s music".

at least i was drunk.

swears

preppy-kei
I've never seen what women are supposedly meant to find so sexy about Prince.

I think the consensus is that he's not all that, even amongst those who love his music.
My cousin is a huge Prince fan and she protests furiously if anyone suggests that she actually fancies him.

gumdrops

ive never totally bought into prince really having that strong a feminine side aside from his dressing up in drag and faux-femme falsetto. maybe thats enough, but im not so sure. okay, he switched gender roles in a lot of songs (ie he was always being done wrong instead of doing the woman wrong) but there were plenty of songs by male artists before about that too. moreover, from what ive read prince is pretty macho in his private life. i think women just find him attractive cos of the personality/charisma etc that he projects (obv the fact hes a musician/popstar helps too). the fact he talks about sex all the time in a non threatening way prob doesnt hurt either.

Last edited:

martin

----
what really excited me was the Specials. One of my favorite bands, and while theyre aging, at least theyre still bringing the ska. but whats up with lilly and the crowd? has everyone forgotten how to dance to ska?

this "reunion" is a lot better than the English Beat one i saw here a year ago. really sad. 3 white guys, one on 2 keyboards playing all the keys, horns, and bass simultaneously. it was at an "Oktoberfest" and there were a lot of yuppies standing around saying "i love 80s music".

Specials reformed around '97, didn't they? It was bloody awful. I don't think Terry Hall took part.