lilly allen with the specials at glastonbury

crackerjack

this "reunion" is a lot better than the English Beat one i saw here a year ago. really sad. 3 white guys, one on 2 keyboards playing all the keys, horns, and bass simultaneously. it was at an "Oktoberfest" and there were a lot of yuppies standing around saying "i love 80s music".

Presumably 'here' means the USofA with that 'English Beat' name...you should see the real, er, English version of The Beat rather than the expats. Ranking roger doing Dave Wakeling's bits, his son doing his Dad's bits, Everett still on drums and a loada other blokes I didn't know doing the rest. They played the Church fete on a Saturday afternoon in Mile End Park and sounded exactly like The Beat. Not so good for them, vey good for me. :D

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Presumably 'here' means the USofA with that 'English Beat' name...you should see the real, er, English version of The Beat rather than the expats.

From Wikipedia:

The band's lead singer, Dave Wakeling, fronts "The English Beat" in the USA. Members include Wayne Lothian of General Public and Special Beat, Rick Torres of Supreme Beings of Leisure, Rhythmm Epkins, Fernando Jativa, and Michael Ambrose of Hub City Stompers. The current UK version of The Beat, featuring Ranking Roger, Everett Moreton & Blockhead Dave, have recorded a new album which will be released sometime in 2007.

So, there in England, youve NEVER referred to them as the English Beat (except maybe this new Wakeling version in the US)? Weird. So all the albums I have that say "The English Beat" on them, will say "The Beat" on them when released in England?

englishbeat_stopf.jpg

crackerjack

So, there in England, youve NEVER referred to them as the English Beat (except maybe this new Wakeling version in the US)? Weird. So all the albums I have that say "The English Beat" on them, will say "The Beat" on them when released in England?

Correct. If I could be arsed to scan and upload you'd see for yourself (clue: looks the same, but w/o the word English)

Guybrush

Dittohead
You will have to excuse my frankness, but Lily Allen is your archetypical ugly British chick. And to drive that point home, Daily Mail to the rescue! (and this is Cheryl Cole on a supremely bad hair-day, mind):

lilycherylBIG1505_468x699.jpg

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I swear the tabloid photographers have special cameras or something that just make people look weird... Cheryl Tweedy's head/overall body shape is absolutely mad in that one.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If only we had some gorgeous bombshells like, er, Paris Hilton or Sarah Jessica Parker. Um. :confused:

mms

sometimes
I think the consensus is that he's not all that, even amongst those who love his music.
My cousin is a huge Prince fan and she protests furiously if anyone suggests that she actually fancies him.

apparently he's incredibly charming and has impeccable manners and quite a deep voice.
he's quite clearly got something, he's made away with some very 'exciting' ladies.

mms

sometimes
Specials reformed around '97, didn't they? It was bloody awful. I don't think Terry Hall took part.

they got pretty bad when they were the special aka, but terry hall did some tracks with tricky didnt he? i remember them being ok.
i was listenign to the specials this morning as it goes and i was thinking don't make em like that anymore - two great albums which were really different.

Guybrush

Dittohead
A bit unfair, I know, but here is the ungilded Lily. Sex on legs, dontchathink?

mob67_1154527404.jpg

Whoever thought our discussing female artists’ looks unfair was clearly insane. :p

gumdrops

alright, no, lilly doesnt look too pretty in that pic. she looks like a female mike skinner as someone else rightly noted. but she scrubs up alright doesnt she? so there. neh neh neh neh.

cheryl cole is pretty hot in my reckoning. just see the new cover of hello magazine if you dont believe me.