August FWD & Rinse FM @ The End / youngsta & Riko / general excitment / thread

outraygeous

im guessin logan isnt on the line up beacuse he is a grime dj??

i attended logans set at fwd, whilst i enjoyed it, most of the people stood around.

this was many moons ago

hopper

i attended logans set at fwd, whilst i enjoyed it, most of the people stood around.

this was many moons ago

fwd puts on grime djs but just not a lot.... fwd only really books rinse djs/mcs, tempa artists and friends of ammunition. so i guess if logan doesn't gick any of those boxes that would be why. otherwise I dunno

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

this was many moons ago

It's so fucked that FWD, on their flyers, in big letters have the words "DUBSTEP AND GRIME".

Yet they are hesitant to book more-or-less unarguably grime's present top DJ.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
It's so fucked that FWD, on their flyers, in big letters have the words "DUBSTEP AND GRIME".

Yet they are hesitant to book more-or-less unarguably grime's present top DJ.

Logan's not on Rinse or a fwd>> resident. You've got newham gens, wiley, slimzee, riko, spyro and vectra.. that's not as bad as it could've been.

Sick Boy said:
Whenever I bother to go on dubstepforum, he comes across like some kind of pretentious wanker on some condescending moral high ground whenever he comments on grime MCs. Then again, I don't check up that often.

It shows.. there was one thread that Pokes contributed to about grime MCs on dubstep about six months ago where he expressed his thoughts, which he is perfectly entitled to do, unless you suddenly lose the right to an opinion once you get famous.

viktorvaughn

WOW What a line-up. Up there with the best ever ever.

Am getting a flight to a film festival unfortunately on saturday night so a direct mission to the airport may be called for.

Oh yeah, what's the big shift with Yunx's sets, haven't really picked up on that??? Last set i saw seemed to be expertly-mixed, deep and heavy dubstep as per normal......

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫
just one thing... where's Plastician w/ Skepta???

also, i'll offer evens right now that wiley doesn't show.

(still hyped tho.:D )

actually where's Logan on that list?? i don't get it....

bbk are in napa for all of the summer innit (?) and plastician's at Stadtgarten Festival in germany.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Watch out if yr buyin advance tickets for this cos The End's website when you click on it points you to buying tickets for some other night, which could get messy if yer didn't notice.

mos dan

fact music
It shows.. there was one thread that Pokes contributed to about grime MCs on dubstep about six months ago where he expressed his thoughts, which he is perfectly entitled to do, unless you suddenly lose the right to an opinion once you get famous.

he is perfectly entitled to express his thoughts, sure, but i think the record should show that the views in question were of the condescending moral high ground variety that sick boy describes.

*removes judicial wig*

mos dan

fact music
to get back on topic, this night will be very good, i agree. i am excited.

the end bouncers are a bit annoying.. blaze beforehand i think. also drinks in that cheapo art student pub round the corner definitely.

benjybars

village elder.
trim's doing the ad for this on rinse so he HAS to show up!

(wiley's name is missing from the list of MCs on The End website:slanted:)

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Ahem

tinchyflyer.jpg

To be fair you can do both - Tinchy's night finishes at 1am

fldsfslmn

excremental futurism
I'm arriving from Canada on the 16th. I booked my flight months ago and—because I really had no idea at the time what would be going on—I just took the cheapest flight available. So happy now that I didn't buy one of the later flights!

Look out for the jet-lagged Canadian tearing it up!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I'm arriving from Canada on the 16th. I booked my flight months ago and—because I really had no idea at the time what would be going on—I just took the cheapest flight available. So happy now that I didn't buy one of the later flights!

Look out for the jet-lagged Canadian tearing it up!

Where in Canada?