SOS

Pretty sure he played 'degrees' and 'identify', probs others too I can't remember.

Solid set I thought but not quite the power hour I was wistfully dreaming about beforehand. Would have been great to of heard monsoon rmx again and some doubling on request line!:D

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah was slightly underwhelming but still good... I was hoping for Crack Bong haha... oh, and when he played Smiley Face I could hear that mix he does into Midnight in my head and almost expected him to do it.

Since he alledgedly doesn't like playing old tunes I suppose he might not really have been putting that much effort in.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
gives me a headache just listening to the clips, its not particulary dark it's just unpleasant, like being shouted at by a really drunk thug, that's not a very worthwhile feeling to express on a record.

Exceptions: Tempa T, Whitehouse, Cock Sparrer, Crass

gumdrops

anyone know if ntype and headhunter are worth heading down to fwd to hear? thought tonight was the spyro launch but thats not for 2 weeks yet. might still go down though.

mms

sometimes
Exceptions: Tempa T, Whitehouse, Cock Sparrer, Crass

well at least those people express more in lyrics and sound combined, that tracks just a one dimensional oppressive sound that's just unpleasant, and annoying, never heard cock sparrer mind, they might be shit. :)
what the fuck is it with all those snatch etc samples as well, in those kinda tracks, surely that's universally shite?

Last edited:

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I imagine either the producers have weedy voices or they don't want their parents to overhear, so they can't record themselves.
Actually, I often thing of that whole Guy Ritchie/FHM/Carling Black Label laddishness when I read a lot of the comments from fans of that stuff. All the stuff about "skanking your cock off" to "filfy tunes" just makes me want to burn hair gel.

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
anyone know if ntype and headhunter are worth heading down to fwd to hear? thought tonight was the spyro launch but thats not for 2 weeks yet. might still go down though.
We're heading down to catch Starkey, who ought to be worth it regardless of the rest of the lineup. Not sure what Headhunter's up to these days and I'm not over excited about hearing N-Type, but I'm leaving early for work related reasons anyway...

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
If I may plug with next to no shame, "Geordie Nutta", my own rawly produced noise-garage riposte to the ladstep phenomenon, is on the bbr myspace.

gumdrops

enjoyed fwd, though i think my fave part of headhunters set was when he seemed to play some break that bitch with a bat type ghetto tech sounding tracks (i cant ID them). not sure if it was hipster shit or what but it was good to hear some uptempo tracks after a lot of so-so MOR dubstep. starkey was cool though his set seemed to cram in a bit too much. sound was a bit funny for his set so that might have had something to do with it but there was a bit too much quick mixing, not enough vibe building. seemed all over the shop, which im not a huge fan of. gutter music VIP was great though.

viktorvaughn

Headhunter definitely had a little b-more style segment which i was loving. I like him.

Yeah I agree Starkey seemed a bit too elaborate almost. Perfectly enjoyable though.

Noodles 2step set this week.

powerpill

was he mixing it (as in beatmatching) or just selecting? i would have thought it would be very difficult to mix.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Loefah and Burial remixes on the forthcoming Kryptic Minds dubstep album. Whatever I think about Kryptic Minds' stuff, I hope and pray for some classic stuff from Loe/Burial nonetheless...