adruu

This Is It
just put in the order for "thieves in the night" YUMMY! stepper's vibe is next on the list of old mystiks dubs that i need need need

elgato

I just dont know

lol indeed. another

theres been a really wonderful little patch of dubstep releases recently or soon (amongst the ever, ever increasing hordes of weakness), some relatively fresh ones too which have avoided dubplate rinseout (although thats pretty shit compensation for the increasing removal of innovation from the dancefloor!)...

Coki - The End
Coki - Madhead
Coki - Thief In The Night
The Bug - Skeng (Kode 9 Remix)
Dusk & Blackdown - The Bits
Peverelist - Roll With The Punches / Die Bruke
Pangaea EP
A Made Up Sound - 669
Bass Clef - Get On The A10 & Drive & Drive

and then Burial and Pinch LPs. good times for record buyers...

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
elgato - I got an ID on that tune, and managed to get a copy! http://www.discogs.com/release/574169

so sick. one of those hidden gems I guess. I didn't actually know if it was it, but looking through discogs I saw that, and seeing as the main vocal riff is "shame!", I took the plunge and ordered the only copy for sale on the off chance.. I love it when a plan comes together

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Does anyone happen to have dubway or whoever is the "forum administrator" of dubstep forum's contact information please?

For some reason I can't log onto my dubstepforum account and it tells me to contact a forum administrator - something which there is no clear directions towards doing on the website.

Poet for Hire

no its not. Headhunter is stiff, boring music which epitomizes how lame the new generation of dubstep sounds. Tempa has gone right down hill, but Benga's 'Emotions' and 'Night' with Coki tramples all over this release.

gumdrops

i dont get the hype over spongebob. i like the angry riff but its somehow still quite boring/stiff/conservative.

that newish mala one (lean forward?) is good, but only the a-side.

ThinKing

new headhunter EP on tempa is absolutely sick

best thing ammo related for a fucking long time

gotta be honest I don't agree. I know these are old dubs but Tony's still battering the old sound, he's really not developed as much as I thought he would in the past 12-18 months.

His 4/4 pieces aren't that well produced imo, the kicks don't sit well in the mixdowns. The only one of the five I really like is Spyro, just because it has more of an individual identity than the rest of his music.

Best Ammo related thing in recent times is far & away Martyn's Everything About You.

ramadanman

i don't think quanta is his best 4x4 one, think techo is much better IMO

headhunter's refined his sound really well, pretty upbeat & dancy half step. i don't really think any of his tunes are ploddy at all.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Best Ammo related thing in recent times is far & away Martyn's Everything About You.

a good tune on an incredibly disappointing EP

if you like his sound, I reckon the headhunter EP is the first tempa double pack since allstars 2 to be consistant all the way through

if you don't, fair enough. I think he's very good, and as rams says, has developed hugely over the past few months... he hasn't changed his style radically, but he's got what he does down to a tee. listen to descent and follow it up with spyro for example

elgato

I just dont know
not really ploddy but i find his stuff pretty dull. a bit amelodic but without the meditative depth i need to sustain that. production i find too clean and masculine. but as ben says its just that i dont like his style

S-Mac

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed but,

I've been listening to D1's streamizm set alot recently, which was posted a while back, and (as yet another not-entirely-convinced dubstep listener) I really like a lot of the tunes he plays. So,

Who's making these tunes, tracks like the Rui Da Silva remix and the track before it? And,
who else is playing this sort of stuff, pushing a more multichromatic vibe rather than the usual monotonal dark-stomp?

Any info much appreciated.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed but,

I've been listening to D1's streamizm set alot recently, which was posted a while back, and (as yet another not-entirely-convinced dubstep listener) I really like a lot of the tunes he plays. So,

Who's making these tunes, tracks like the Rui Da Silva remix and the track before it? And,
who else is playing this sort of stuff, pushing a more multichromatic vibe rather than the usual monotonal dark-stomp?

Any info much appreciated.

d1 makes them.

elgato

I just dont know
yeh that set is almost entirely comprised of D1 and Mala (from Digital Mystikz) tunes

sick set, sick sound... i think / hope that many possibilities lay in the direction they're headed

on a vaguely similar tip are Silky and Quest of Antisocial Entertainment

marsyas

yeah, cant wait to get some more quest tunes.
him and silkie are on a different wave length.

also really looking forward to the new geiom album.
theres supposed to be an exclusive mix on tomorrows boomnoise and poax show.
should be cool....

benjybars

village elder.
i dont get the hype over spongebob. i like the angry riff but its somehow still quite boring/stiff/conservative.

that newish mala one (lean forward?) is good, but only the a-side.

spongebob ONLY works in a dance but it definitely does the business...

and are you dumb in the armpit about the b-side to lean FWD?? 'Learn' is is ridiculously sick.

straight

wings cru
we had Buraka Som Sistema down on wednesday night and spongebob literally blew the roof off, sort of showed how boring most kuduru is when listened to for more than 3 records at a time