zhao

there are no accidents
have just heard "sponge bob" and couldn't hit delete fast enough. very good example of what i mean:

Meatheads listening to dubstep! I was shocked enough when they started jumping on the emo bandwagon in this country!

i'm not shocked at all. a particular breed of dubstep (which alarmingly, and predictably, is kind of taking over the scene) is the PERFECT music for clueless meatheads and fraternity date-rapists.

(by the way, in case it is still unclear to anyone, this was what i was railing against last week with the anti-dubstep rant, not good stuff like blackdown or kode-9)

even scarier that i honestly don't think it's that far off. can't you see a generic and non descript Nu-Metal and Half-Step cross-breed taking over the linkin Park/ Limp Bizkit contingency in a few years?

when burial said in that interview how some track he likes "stares out at you with cold, soul-less shark eyes"... i don't think he fully comprehends the vision of what he's talking about. it is antithesis to what makes his music good. i think he, and people like him, will be be completely disillusioned when this ideal actually takes over, and millions of people like this:

meathead.jpg

start bumping dubstep from their jeeps.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
have just heard "sponge bob" and couldn't hit delete fast enough. very good example of what i mean:
I finally heard it on a system on saturday night (yes, I have been living under a rock for the last six months) and it made a lot more sense as a dance tune than as a listening tune.

FWIW, it was Geiom who played it, and he also dropped T2 - Heartbroken. Wheeled it, in fact. Nice moment.

zhao

there are no accidents
on another note have buraka som sistema done anything else apart from that brill yah record?

there is a remix ep of sorts out of material from the last record. it's good.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Hessle Audio 002 is finally out now - we had to go through four batches of TPs but we got there in the end. I remember some people on here were liking it :)

It's been supported by Mary Anne Hobbs, Blackdown, T++, Distance and some other people.

It's in at Juno, Redeye, Chemical, Boomkat, Blackmarket, Sounds of the Universe and basically everywhere you might do your weekly shop.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=63657
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/292414-01.htm&highlight=pangaea
http://redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/search.asp?keywords=pangaea&recor=1

pangaea-coiled.jpg

Pangaea - Coiled
A1. Coiled
B1. Nest
B2. Deviant
[Hessle Audio]

Mate of mine told me earlier today that there was murder at that FWD warehouse party?
Girls getting done in in the queue and that, bottles thrown etc?

Is this right or he talking shit?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Mate of mine told me earlier today that there was murder at that FWD warehouse party?
Girls getting done in in the queue and that, bottles thrown etc?

Is this right or he talking shit?
Have a look at 26 pages on the dubstep forum for some views.