Client Eastwood

I think it's also about how the CD is mastered. Maybe CD needs different mastering to avoid that harshness and metallic sound. You might never get that vinyl warmth, but sure you can do something.

Would it be possible for a stylus to pick up on the bass in a dance, causing it to vibrate thereby further increasing the 'warmth' but then it would be slightly out of phase with what the needle is currently picking up. Hmmmm, i'm not explaining that very well . . .

urbanite

subnoto
Would it be possible for a stylus to pick up on the bass in a dance, causing it to vibrate thereby further increasing the 'warmth' but then it would be slightly out of phase with what the needle is currently picking up. Hmmmm, i'm not explaining that very well . . .

That's what I always attribute it to. It's obvious when using Serato, the sound is so clean cut on it because there is no feedback to the needles.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Just locked to Whilstla's show, and it's been all garage-beats. It's like dubstep is really starting to have it's own division for garage-sound. Hopefully something new spawns out from it.

Though one thing bothers me, this stuff lacks grit...

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Just locked to Whilstla's show, and it's been all garage-beats. It's like dubstep is really starting to have it's own division for garage-sound.
Lets hope so :)
But it can't be just a re-run of 1999...

Though one thing bothers me, this stuff lacks grit...
Have you heard my remix of Naphta's Soundclash, or the remix of Lose Control? There should be a fair amount of grit in there!

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
haha. i'm actually intrigued to hear the buraka som sistema remixes of cockney thug and night... can't be arsed to listen that far in though

Cockney Thug RMX is on the Fabric CD (seperate tracks), I'm sure there must be sample streams somewhere (I condone neither illegal downloading OR paying for the album :D)

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
I find with Rusko I go between absolutely despising some of his tunes and having to admit that some are pretty good. I've bought Mr Chips and Biggest Chopper in the last few months. But a lot of the rest is abysmal - Hammertime, Beta Max, and, in particular, 2 Far which struck me as perhaps the nadir when I first heard it. And surely anyone into dubstep can't, however grudgingly, at least acknowledge the sheer power of Cockney Thug and Jahova.

I, along with many many others, have long deplored the wobble tendency within dubstep but, for me, there's little difference between Mr Chips and most of the stuff on the Starkey album.

Caspa, on the other hand, is almost uniformly terrible

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Cockney Thug is undeniable, and that garage tune (Love is Real). I think I actually prefer the mental wobblers to the cod-digidub stuff though. And yeah, haven't heard anything from Caspa that's impressed me.

SOS

Capsa used to be ALOT better IMO, rubber chicken is a classic, there wasn't alot else around similar when that first dropped, although doesn't sound anything exceptional in light of everything thats come since. Also didnt he used to be Dj Quiet Storm? Pretty sure he was, if so he used to really rep the breaksier end of things to good effect way back when.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I loved Rubber Chicken when it came out.

In retrospect it seems like it was one of the first tunes to start taking things in an unfortunately 'hilarious' direction.