viktorvaughn

So how was FWD NYE anyone?

Who's going DMZ tonight? Looking fwd to seeing Pinch, dunno what he's on nowadays really. Dunno anything about Kryptic Minds.

benjybars

village elder.
So how was FWD NYE anyone?

Who's going DMZ tonight? Looking fwd to seeing Pinch, dunno what he's on nowadays really. Dunno anything about Kryptic Minds.

yeah haven't heard anything about FWD on NYE. must have been decent tho..

i saw Pinch 4 months ago at DMZ and he was ridiculously sick... fucking immense.

viktorvaughn

yeah haven't heard anything about FWD on NYE. must have been decent tho..

i saw Pinch 4 months ago at DMZ and he was ridiculously sick... fucking immense.

LD was mega!! Totally badboy set, colourful, dynamic, driving without being hammering. I am really feeling the direction he is going.

DMZ were good (Pokes was amazing) tho most of the tunes I was feeling were older ones which i guess wasn't a great sign. Great atmosphere, played Ruffage and Anti War Dub.

Kryptic Minds was a bit of a snoozefest. Left half way through Pinch who seemed quite good.

mms

sometimes
they should close down dubstep forum again it was good when that happened and close down this place at the same time so loads of dubstep forum people don't come crying over here.

mms

sometimes
How come?

well i read some threads on it for the first time the other day and it was like reading some kind of stanton prison experiment online, blindly ignorant remarks are taken seriously while any criticism of anything any artist releases is quickly taken personally, by a fan, extreme self policing, lots of horseshit, interesting kind of community for sure.

I am intruiged by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your pamphlet.

What's that tune on hyperdub that sounds like Prince in a dub chamber? I'm being vague but I was heavily sedated.

petergunn

plywood violin
they should close down dubstep forum again it was good when that happened and close down this place at the same time so loads of dubstep forum people don't come crying over here.

someone should write a sociology essay comparing dubstepforum and rwdforum...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is a much better place for discussing dubstep than DSF, although not much discussion takes place. For evidence of this, see upthread where people are describing Loefah's beats in really interesting/insightful ways... that would never happen on DSF.

Also since its a bit removed from the 'community' criticism can be open and considered, rather than half suppressed and inflammatory.

nochexxx

harco pronting
so does anyone know anything about kutz? other than hearing his collaboration with benga and his recent inclusion on skream's mix cd i don't know much about him
i managed to buy two white label plates, released by soul jazz, which are awesome. they seem to have sold out in a blink and incidentally all the press and vinyl images have disappeared / removed from soul jazz's site. strange. anyhow i really rate this guys production and am gagging for more. the rifts he chooses and plays are worthy of minimal repetition.

so no love for kutz round here then or have i missed a thread?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
well i read some threads on it for the first time the other day and it was like reading some kind of stanton prison experiment online, blindly ignorant remarks are taken seriously while any criticism of anything any artist releases is quickly taken personally, by a fan, extreme self policing, lots of horseshit, interesting kind of community for sure.
Dubstepforum is pretty good for finding noobs who've just got into dubstep because they like Caspa and Rusko's Fabric Live and peer pressuring them into buying everything currently available on Hyperdub, Applepips, Hessle Audio and Skull Disco. It's also quite handy for finding out about upcoming nights and downloading mixes, the Other Music section is alright and the Production forum is a laugh for unneccessary geekery.

It's just awful if you actually want to discuss dubstep in any depth...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
check out the new hemlock release that's coming soon, it's amazing

http://www.myspace.com/hemlocklondon

tunes on the player by rich reason and fantastic mr fox are the ones you want. first two.

zomby is the closest reference point maybe, but the approach is a bit different - the ideas are a bit more developed maybe, and the production shinier - not a value judgement in any way, its just different

Last edited:

powerpill

check out the new hemlock release that's coming soon, it's amazing

http://www.myspace.com/hemlocklondon

tunes on the player by rich reason and fantastic mr fox are the ones you want. first two.

zomby is the closest reference point maybe, but the approach is a bit different - the ideas are a bit more developed maybe, and the production shinier - not a value judgement in any way, its just different

sick. label is coming along really nicely!

UFO over easy

online mahjong
coda has a tune out on a soul:r compilation which you can get, and pearson sound have stuff forthcoming in a couple of places

the RR trax sound like psytrance.

i sort of know what you mean.. they're shiny, certainly. fancy expanding though? i hear a lot more than that in those two tunes.

you're from manchester too arent you, so i guess you're familiar with his other activities? im not..

Last edited: