Ory

warp drive
can't forget "Junktion". at least as good as the A-side, in a different way. his use of synths is so fresh.

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
I know people have said similar things about him before but I was just listening to the Dubstep Warz mix for the first time in about 2 years and I'd never quite appreciated how 'out-there' some of Skream's tunes are/were.

Those bleepy 'wonky' synths in Tapped and Almighty Father remix and the straight-up oddness/craziness of Ancient Memories remix and Deep Concentration. Badman

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Those bleepy 'wonky' synths in Tapped and Almighty Father remix and the straight-up oddness/craziness of Ancient Memories remix and Deep Concentration. Badman

production wise, skream's back on great form right now. LOADS of new, interesting material to emerge from him this year.

Tanadan

likes things
This is interesting:
Somebody put Chase + Status - Eastern Jam over the video it samples - I think it works quite nicely.

gumdrops

thoughts on the bomb squads dubstep? i heard some of the first mix on their myspace - seemed okay. i thought they would 'americanise' or kinda 'phatten' dubstep and they do a little bit in places, but its not quite what i hoped. plus it gives me the chance to reverse most americans' anti-non-us hip hop bias and say 'theyre not doing anything new with the form' lol.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Old news to big up 'Digidesign' so how about bigging up OWNING 'Digidesign'? It's the perfect dubstep pop (non)song.

On a side note, does anybody own 'Hed Banger' by Skream on Tectonic? I'm not sure if I have a shit pressing or if its supposed to be so distorted on the snare...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I never really rated 'Hed Banger' that much until I listened to it very loudly on headphones. I swear there's distortion on the pressing though...

But then again it could just be my mediocre speakers.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't think so, since I don't hear the distortion on any other records... It's difficult to tell really because the tune is quite grimey and the distortion might be intentional.

Anyway, who cares (apart from me)? lol

benjybars

village elder.
Old news to big up 'Digidesign' so how about bigging up OWNING 'Digidesign'? It's the perfect dubstep pop (non)song.

On a side note, does anybody own 'Hed Banger' by Skream on Tectonic? I'm not sure if I have a shit pressing or if its supposed to be so distorted on the snare...

Hed Banger is properly underrated imo. mixes a treat with Martyn - All I Have is Memories.

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
I don't think so, since I don't hear the distortion on any other records... It's difficult to tell really because the tune is quite grimey and the distortion might be intentional.

Anyway, who cares (apart from me)? lol

I was under impression it was supposed to be like that but I could be completely wrong

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Hessle Audio 007 is coming out in a few weeks

28uiglj.jpg

clips are up at www.myspace.com/hessleaudio