joe.dfx

who knows...
well deep medi has 2 cds out now that cover most of their back cat i believe, and, along with Silkie's LP, are up on beatport/etc to download. which is cool, most of them have been repressed too.

but honestly i hope DMZ remains vinyl only.

glad i grabbed 001/002 on mp3 when i could though. ; )

(hypicritical a bit i know...)

Dusty

Tone deaf
I got the first Deep Medi CD and mine had an audio glitch in the middle of 'Changes' by Mala. Mentioned it to Juno where I had bought it and they kindly sent me another copy. Turns out the CD must have been mastered that way because it had exactly the same error. Anyone else got this release with the same problem, or was it just a dodgy first batch?

Dusty

Tone deaf
Yeah already grabbed the FLAC for it. It just upsets the OCD in me.

I've noticed a few CDs with mastering errors on them recently, the latest Joanna Newsom album is another shocking one, but I digress.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
New Skream album in the works.

Thoughts?

His first album wasn't all that great imo, compared with Degenerate and My Demons anyway....
Skreamizm's have always been highlights comparatively, as have his single 12"s - he's never really come across to me as an artist who does well with albums.
We shall see though...

Intuition suggests hell push for a the more jungly-ish full breaks thing, ala 2nd drop of in for the kill, with lots of vocal tracks.

continuum

smugpolice
tempa promo
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Yawn....

Ory

warp drive
yeah that's really quite boring. i don't think you can use sampled breakbeats anymore (at least none of the classic ones) without sounding painfully retro. it's not going to sound better than hardcore anyway so why bother.

IanTheM

Tame Horse
yeah that's really quite boring. i don't think you can use sampled breakbeats anymore (at least none of the classic ones) without sounding painfully retro. it's not going to sound better than hardcore anyway so why bother.

It's not the breakbeat that sucks, it's the fact that if there wasn't a break there it'd just sound like bad trance that's the problem.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
the clue is in the title (!).. it's unashamedly a retro thing... i couldn't get through the whole tune tbh. i can imagine tinchy mumbling some pointless emo bars on it or something.

hint

party record with a siren
Maddslinky 2010 refix of Spare Ribz up for free download on Soundcloud:

<object height="18" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player...alse&player_type=tiny&font=Arial&color=151515"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" height="18" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player...alse&player_type=tiny&font=Arial&color=151515" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>

Taken from Boomkat:

Nope, it's not the doyle in the hat, it's Berlin's dubstep souljah dropping a debut pair of productions for his own Version imprint. Orson has been Berlin's dubstep ambassador pretty much since day dot, heavily influencing the city's tastes with the Version club nights.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
It's not the breakbeat that sucks, it's the fact that if there wasn't a break there it'd just sound like bad trance that's the problem.

my head agrees with you completely about this:i have a breakbeat aversion and my hatred for trance runs even deeper but when you listen to this tune it just gets you. we've been playing it for about 9 months and it just grabs you by the heartstrings, it's just relentless.

looking at the album tracklist most of them dont fall into one style, it's skream pushing in all directions, hence the title.