Grime Top Tens

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
biggup Logan for the ID and slackk for the grimetapes site lol

This young man standing set is fucking sick, who are the MCs?

My favourite grime set is the Logan + Skepta/Riko/Jammer/Ears set... first 20 minutes are amazing. Riko over What RMX :mad::mad::mad:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Number 1- I think I've got a general idea now anyway. Had to laugh when Bruza popped up.

I don't like Ghetto on it that much, I prefer it when he controls his flow rather than just going mental and screaming.

Interesting hearing Trim on less of a sluggish tip too, fucking good though.

mos dan

fact music
in Euro 2008 season, the top 10 football-related bars:

- "we attack like Fabregas" - Bear Man, Kick You Out
- "on the ball like Trezeguet" - Doctor, Good to Go
- "on the ball like Cisse" - Tinchy Stryder, 96 Bars of Revenge
- "balls on my mind like Craig Bellamy / I used to kick ball like Geremi" is this Slix? can't remember off the top of my head
- Jammer and his 'Shearer' meme
- then there's that whole HLC crew-as-football-team thing.. "oh no, it's a goal"

help me out people, I'm at work and nowhere near my music.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
in Euro 2008 season, the top 10 football-related bars:

- "we attack like Fabregas" - Bear Man, Kick You Out
- "on the ball like Trezeguet" - Doctor, Good to Go
- "on the ball like Cisse" - Tinchy Stryder, 96 Bars of Revenge
- "balls on my mind like Craig Bellamy / I used to kick ball like Geremi" is this Slix? can't remember off the top of my head
- Jammer and his 'Shearer' meme
- then there's that whole HLC crew-as-football-team thing.. "oh no, it's a goal"

help me out people, I'm at work and nowhere near my music.

good one - this is a whole new thread I reckon
- Wiley's 'i used to kick ball with Lisbie'
- All in one - has something about Anton Ferdinand
- then there's the whole of Wiley's 'striker', best bit Little Dee's 'I'm a sore loser, I threaten the ref and his kids'
- Trim 'I support Man U but I'm from E14'

Last edited:

faustus

yes! i've been wanting to do a 'what mc supports what team' thread...

trim (as you say) - supports man u but from e14
kano - from east ham, but never was a fan of the hammers
riko - man u (see live set with heatwave, fucking jokes - "i'll take the boos...")
wiley - spurs/ dizzee - arsenal (on 'letter to dizzee' i think)
skepta - spurs again but can't think where he says it
flow dan - likes basketball

must be loads more, i'll try and remember

:cool:

edit: also i like the fact that jammer has some bars about vieira on mic champ 1 - get some new bars!

benjybars

village elder.
best football bar ever, without a doubt, is scorcher - 'i'll start tackling man like it's the mid-nineties and my name was Aron Winter'

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

mos dan

fact music
good one - this is a whole new thread I reckon
- Wiley's 'i used to kick ball with Lisbie'
- All in one - has something about Anton Ferdinand
- then there's the whole of Wiley's 'striker', best bit Little Dee's 'I'm a sore I threaten the ref and his kids'
- Trim 'I support Man U but I'm from E14'

Yes of course.. does Riko talk about United in his bars at all? He was winding up the North London crowd at Heatwave once by dissing Arsenal lol.

On a related-but-not-lyrical tip, of course T's a footballer now right? For QPR? I wonder if the fans know he's an MC too. And then there's Dan Shittu of Watford, who I interviewed last year for a local paper, and it turned out was more 'on music' than football, when he was a youngster:

"I used to play for a local team in Victoria Park, but football just wasn’t something I took seriously back then. I was really more into DJ-ing, growing up with people like Wiley, and being close to Dizzee Rascal, who was like a little cousin to me. I used to do a lot of house parties as a DJ, that was my scene, and all the while I was studying as well."

if grime and football is a new thread could the mods make it one? :)

mos dan

fact music
kano - from east ham, but never was a fan of the hammers

this must annoy logan haha.

love that scorcher line, what's that on? he gets props for talking about a footballer from longer ago than last year :) esp as winter was sick.

faustus i'm not sure about skepta and spurs, doesn't he just refer to being from tottenham (at a barbers, wherever) rather than supporting them?

benjybars

village elder.
i saw nigel quasie (!) in uptown last month chattin to cameo and generally going on like he was a music man.. :)

best football bar ever, without a doubt, is scorcher - 'i'll start tackling man like it's the mid-nineties and my name was Aron Winter'

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

left this page sitting here for a while and was about to post this. cosign 100%

Terminator isn't at QPR anymore, he's at Dagenham & Redbridge. Think it was January when he got transferred out, wasn't getting a game at QPR like.

benjybars

village elder.
actually there is 1 bar that comes close to scorcher's ...

wiley - 'who's this chubby lookin brer he looks like Jan Molby, sounds like he's talkin in Dolby'

ZOOP!

(i've been meaning to start this thread on grimeforum for time.. might do it later.)

viktorvaughn

Can't test me or Eski - I'll leave you with a red shirt like Emile Heskey.

Skepta isn't it?

My mans dem are gunners like Arsenal.

Doogz

I know how to manage my Arsenals like Wenger.

Can't remember. Griminal or P Money?

luka

my brother and his mate used to play some football with armour.... he was supposed to be a top player...

mos dan

fact music
Actually maybe it's Wiley himself - 'Can't test Eski / leave you with a red shirt like Emile Heskey'?

I know very little about the football side of it!

it's b-live!

"try to (inaudible, maybe 'make a meal from eski'?) / you'll get a red shirt like emile heskey / but it won't have a number on it"

as featured on the start of plasticman's (as was) rinsessions cd