Grime Top Tens

benjybars

village elder.
D Double E/Wiley/Trim/Skepta (a while ago)/Riko

Terminator MC is my favourite of all time though. Mums blouse > Nans cardigan

you mean boogieman right? don't think skepta was on that but still.. massive tune.

yeah terminator is a very funny guy... "if this was the 18th century, man wouldn't spud me, man would kneel" ... :)

viktorvaughn

i think this is mine ...

1. wiley - eskimo (single sided) (wiley kat)
2. spooky - joyride / firing range (slew dem recs)
3. rapid - who's mercs / good old days (adamantium)
4. dizzee - stand up tall / give u more (XL)
5. roll deep & ruff sqwad - sidewinder / tragedy (white)
6. wiley - ice rink vocals vol.2 - (white)
7. DJ wonder - what / asia - (dumpvalve)
8. footsie & tubby - it's war / morbid (braindead)
9. Y.G.C - countdown riddim (jammer remix) - (white)
10. ruff sqwad - anna - (white)

Some nice choices...

All Day Long / Future has surely gotta be on there?

Terminator is amazing.

I will detach you head
Not only from your body
But also from your lips.

Is he actually on much stuff? I have one of the F Radios, the Adamantium vinyl and a Sidewinder Raw set and that's about it.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

Off the top of my head -

Ruff Sqwad / Roll Deep - All Day Long / Future
Ruff Sqwad - Lethal Injection / Pied Piper Vocals
Slew Dem - Grime EP (With The Wiley vocal and instrumental on)
Musical Mob - Echoman
Alias - Alias Remix EP
Tinchy Stryder - Mainstream Money (total modern Grime classic imo)
Wiley/Trim - The one with Bastard on one side and Trim's vocal of Fire Hydrant on the other (I think)
Wiley - Ice Rink
EDIT - Neckle EP1 coming in
Jon E Cash - Hoods Up Dub AKA Cash Beat

Last edited:
Top six random terminator bars that I can think of right now.

I'll turn up at your job / grab you by your gob / and make you take annual leave

Jump in my tinted '05 / Turn on the air con / It becomes a cold vibe

Some time in february / I'll turn up at your shed / grab your lawnmower / throw it at your head

I am the evilist / I will rob your slippers / wake up in the morning / you can't find your slippers

Tell your mum this isn't singapore / you won't get rich from stealing straw

Your face I will detatch / not only from your body / but also from your lips / And it's TTTTT!!!

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I've thought about my top 1 a lot, and although "All Day Long" is a good shout, for me, the GOAT grime-wise is "Destruction (VIP)", with Wiley, D-Double E, Kano and Durrty Goodz.

Truly one of the 'wtf?' moments (in a complimentary sense of course) in 2000s popular culture.

benjybars

village elder.
I am the evilist / I will rob your slippers / wake up in the morning / you can't find your slippers

hahhahaahahahahahahha!!!

what a genius.

more Terminator bars please .... what's his Ribena bar? it's a classic but can't think of it now.

and more vinyl release top10s. :p

elgato

I just dont know
I'll turn up at your job / grab you by your gob / and make you take annual leave

Jump in my tinted '05 / Turn on the air con / It becomes a cold vibe

Some time in february / I'll turn up at your shed / grab your lawnmower / throw it at your head

hahahaha. what sets / tunes are these on?

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

I love the bit on Destruction VIP where Doogz comes in and shouts 'Over all...Over all - who be the best outta all?' It sounds like some strange war-cry.

Terminator has a bar about 'I'm a forest tree branch / without the owl' but I can't remember the rest.

randomly remembered Terminator bars pt 2;

I'm in this game for fame only / an 'cause I enjoy spitting bars that frighten you an your family/ I am not an artist / but I am the darkest / I only still MC because Scorcher said "Are you on this?"

I'll run up in the house while you're sitting on the couch drinking your tea / Run up and kick man in the face like Jet Li

I know your mum rides a BMX / saying to kids "50p for sex" / What's next? Oh yeah / saw your mum down Stratford Rex

I'm the angriest 'round town / No, I'm not a clown / I'll turn up at your barbecue and dead you in your own lounge

My flow is like a forest tree branch / without the owl
(personal favourite that one)

I'll find and dun man / and I dont need a friend / I just need a leng / But when I'm finished....
Your mum will need Andrex /And a close friend to try and amend / feelings that don't make sense

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I've thought about my top 1 a lot, and although "All Day Long" is a good shout, for me, the GOAT grime-wise is "Destruction (VIP)", with Wiley, D-Double E, Kano and Durrty Goodz.

Truly one of the 'wtf?' moments (in a complimentary sense of course) in 2000s popular culture.

completely agree...was pitching this idea to a grime-fan film-maker the other day saying that a great grime documentary, would be one based on this tune - the career ups and downs of its five protagonists - Wiley, D Double, Kano, Goodz & Jammer - since it was released

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
completely agree...was pitching this idea to a grime-fan film-maker the other day saying that a great grime documentary, would be one based on this tune - the career ups and downs of its five protagonists - Wiley, D Double, Kano, Goodz & Jammer - since it was released

that is a fantastic idea david. those five tell different and remarkable stories.

in other news, i just looked for 'all day long' to play, and it's not there! i mean he says there's no getting rid of him, but i must have managed to do so in the great hard drive-crash of 2007, sob. would anyone make a roachee fan v happy and send it to me?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My flow is like a forest tree branch / without the owl
(personal favourite that one)

He's the G.O.A.T., fuck Wiley.

My favourite ever grime tune is 'Frontline' by Newhams - ... admittedly I haven't heard that many but nothing can out gully this beat b2b d double talking about head tops like pimpoooles and wearing his tramp jacket.

He's the G.O.A.T., fuck Wiley.

My favourite ever grime tune is 'Frontline' by Newhams - ... admittedly I haven't heard that many but nothing can out gully this beat b2b d double talking about head tops like pimpoooles and wearing his tramp jacket.

probably my number one grime music video tbh

then i like crazy t - i can c u
and

essentials - state ur name

obviously the classic - wiley, wot do you call it -
roadside g's - cant come 2 da roadside
ruff sqwad - anna (quite stylish this one - though i prefer the more "home made" videos tbh)

mucky wolfpack - younger wolfpack - bow for the wolves - (especially for the fat kid with the afro - hes AMAZING_)

actually i really love the videos which are - me and my mates in my ends - and what?

and roll deep - heat up so so stylish this one

and roll deep when im 'ere is a classic - such a great idea
jammer - murkle man this one leaves me speechless

junior spesh would be a recent addition to the list for me http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6pbZLiLt30

tempa t - swing (ego6 remix) this is a funny video, tempa t walks around paris with a baseball bat shouting his head off http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GJL1Y2XVRc

oh dear how could i forget skepta's fantastic private caller? bread and butter for any grime fan eh... i love this tune, and the video was hype aswell http://youtube.com/watch?v=0gnxt0cN7pI - the bit where he takes out about a million phones from his pockets, so 2005!

and talking of terminator t - it seems his videos are as funny/insane as his bars, http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoWK9ZE6xkc&feature=related - just watch the way he moves around in the exact same slurred way he delivers his bars, mental

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
< I LOVE this riddim. Where can I get an mp3 of this?

= this is a great video because Mr Wong's suit looks like an Oxfam spesh