crackerjack

when they say "Rosicky wsa involved in two goals", they mean "was one of two Arsenal players penalised for a comedy penalty that should never have been given".

Dunno what's suspicious about that unless thery're investigating the ref. Likewise the equaliser - how do you factor a shot like that into a bet?

'Course, if they want to make some enquiries about where NFC's defence was for the first half hour...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I really hope Ancelotti knows what he's doing with regard to fitting Torres into the side

Having a diamond in midfield :eek:

don_quixote

Trent End
Don't think there's many non-Chelsea fans who'd say that. I've always thought of him as one of those players that fans of the club love and everyone else hates (see also Gary Neville, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robbie Savage)

i know, but in my opinion he got a bad rep for his first year and a half in england and it's stuck. i'm bloody sick of people saying he dives when he bloody doesn't. he's not even close to being as bad as steven gerrard for example.

he is just a supreme player. power, pace, finishing, skill... beyond belief awesome. he would be my first name on a best premiership xi of the past decade, probably by himself up front.

drogba was the most important signing chelsea ever made

incidentally i hope he plays against us at the city ground next season. YOOOOOU REDS

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ha, you beat me to it by ten minutes! He does come across exceptionally well, far from the usual tedious football interview.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
and he comes across as a nice human being, if a little boring. xavi seems genuinely engaging as well as a football genius, and that is extremely rare in a footballer.

crackerjack

Is it right Scholes doesn't have an agent? Just goes in with a lawyer every few years to renew his contract, takes about 15 mins flat.

hucks

Your Message Here
Is it right Scholes doesn't have an agent? Just goes in with a lawyer every few years to renew his contract, takes about 15 mins flat.

That strikes me as nothing more than good business practice. I can't see why a top footballer needs an agent to negotiate his contract.

The Daily Mail has an interview with Xavi today as well, with some of the same quotes, and a part-apology for this comedy gem, featured upthread.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
torres looks like he's just stepped out of a boyband there.

"Chelsea skipper John Terry put Ronaldo third behind Xavi and Torres" - made me like Terry a little more, which is unusual.

don_quixote

Trent End
im not sure whether to be miffed that our match against you has been moved to a friday night. i will be going though. i am bloody enjoying this season as much as the last one. great days to be a forest fan and im sure you feel the same?

hucks

Your Message Here
im not sure whether to be miffed that our match against you has been moved to a friday night. i will be going though. i am bloody enjoying this season as much as the last one. great days to be a forest fan and im sure you feel the same?

When'd that happen? Balls. Still going, though, tickets permitting. I'll see you there and buy you an adnam's!

Yeah, this season and last have been joyous. Lambert has done wonders with us, really. Took us from our lowest point in 50 years to within sight of the prem. I dont think we'll make automatic- I think you will, tho- but I'd be gutted to miss the playoffs from here. And that's pretty remarkable given where we were 18 months ago

Edit: still says Saturday on our website. What do you know that we don't?

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
fucking hell. hopefully rooney can go back to his best, as the premiership has really missed his class while he's been crap...