IdleRich

IdleRich
"The replays of that goal will send Rafa Benitez into uncontrolled rage. No-one even picks up Tim Cahill - he's got no marker to get away from, he just moves in front of Pepe Reina and heads in. Frankly, that is woeful, woeful defending. Ryan Babel comes on for Albert Riera."
Sweet.
Now watch Liverpool score and shut me up.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Kaka staying

Kaka--->City for £130m done deal, 'they' say
From BBC website:

Breaking news: The prime minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, who is also the owner of AC Milan, has told Italian television that Kaka is staying at the club. Repeat, Kaka will not be joining Manchester City.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Manchester City's executive chairman Garry Cook has accused AC Milan of "bottling" the deal to bring Kaka to the Premier League club.

sniggers

no-nonsense Shinawatra wouldn't have bottled this Cookie, oh yes he gets things done.

(/rant.)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Burnley were dealt a cruel blow last night. It almost makes it worse that they went so close and then had it snatched away from them at the death. Good game for the neutral though.

crackerjack

Burnley were dealt a cruel blow last night. It almost makes it worse that they went so close and then had it snatched away from them at the death. Good game for the neutral though.

So what's going on at Tottenham? Redknapp at war against several of his squad. Publicly belittling players (esp. strikers, whose success so often boils down to split second burts of confidence) is bad management and bad business, since it effectively reduces the asking price of players you want shot of. Surely an old wheeler-dealer cockernee sparra like arry knows better. I don't get it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Publicly belittling players (esp. strikers, whose success so often boils down to split second burts of confidence) is bad management and bad business, since it effectively reduces the asking price of players you want shot of. Surely an old wheeler-dealer cockernee sparra like arry knows better."
Yeah, stands out as a bit strange to me as well - he seems to be making excuses already. The point is, he knew what the squad was when he arrived and presumably he was supposed to be able to make something better out of it - that's why he came, if he can't then why is he earning all that money?

"Kaka--->City for £130m done deal, 'they' say"
You kept your head down after this particularly well timed piece of disinformation didn't you?

crackerjack

he seems to be making excuses already.

that's how it seems to me

You kept your head down after this particularly well timed piece of disinformation didn't you?

It coincided with all the Everton equaliser sneering and i had a headful of rude words swimming around whcih were best left unsaid.

the disinfo is what comes from letting man utd fans on to your facebook page

don_quixote

Trent End
agree about redknapp. bent was putting them away until he started trying to sell him and buying other strikers.

heskey to villa is interesting.

hucks

Your Message Here
heskey to villa is interesting.

Absolutely. With Carew out for the rest of the season that's the best like-for-like replacement available, and cheap, too. I find it odd that Liverpool were interested in Heskey, but not interested enough to make a bid this season.

crackerjack

Absolutely. With Carew out for the rest of the season that's the best like-for-like replacement available, and cheap, too. I find it odd that Liverpool were interested in Heskey, but not interested enough to make a bid this season.

Heskey to Liverpool never made sense to me. I've been reading all season that rafa's preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, with Torres the 1 and Gerrard the centre of the 3. Put Heskey in there and he's back on the flanks where Houllier wasted him.

crackerjack

Return of the comedy club

Newcastle United’s season descended deeper into farce last night when Charles N’Zogbia refused to play for the club after Joe Kinnear, the manager, appeared to forget his surname during a television interview and twice called him “Insomnia” before settling for “Charlie”.

The French winger said in a statement: “First of all, I wish to apologise to the fans for wanting to leave the club. However, having been insulted by Joe Kinnear, I will never play for him again while he remains Newcastle manager.”

Good thing he wasn't there under Rir Sobby Bobson.

hucks

Your Message Here
If N'Zogbia goes on strike and Given leaves, with Owen injured for the rest of the season (give or take) I think it could be tragicomedy. They'll go down.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"Breaking news: The prime minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, who is also the owner of AC Milan, has told Italian television that Kaka is staying at the club. Repeat, Kaka will not be joining Manchester City. "

The strangeness o fthat just struck me. Can you imagine if Gordon Brown owned Manchester United?

crackerjack

"Breaking news: The prime minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, who is also the owner of AC Milan, has told Italian television that Kaka is staying at the club. Repeat, Kaka will not be joining Manchester City. "

The strangeness o fthat just struck me. Can you imagine if Gordon Brown owned Manchester United?

And the BBC....