don_quixote

Trent End
how long has benitez got left?

went to forest - barnsley today. last minute winners are so, so, so satisfying. five wins on the bounce. you reds!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
One of Barcelona and Inter is going to be in big trouble. Have been hoping for Russian/Ukranian teams to make a big impact for a while now, outside the UEFA Cup - when was the last time a team from the east of Europe got anywhere? (Answer: Dynamo Kiev in '99?? I guess Galatasaray and Olympiakos have made the QFs since then, but no semi-finalists I can think of off the bat...)

Fuck, I wish I'd put ten quid on Kazan at 46-1.

don_quixote

Trent End
still bouncing off forest's last minute winner last night.

also - a pomegranate is perfect match food. dissecting that with my hands took just about the whole match.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Even more shockingly:

Gary Neville was shown a straight red by Chris Foy for a reckless tackle on Adam Hammill.

"I think he followed through and caught the boy," an unusually contrite Sir Alex Ferguson said after his captain had zeroed in on Barnsley's only Scouser. "It wasn't high, just above the ankle, but in the present climate I think the referee was correct."

he's lost it completely.

hucks

Your Message Here
Did you see Martinz's comments about Ferguson? Spot on. Of course he's deined making them now. Booooo

Anyway, seems a scan of the sports pages makes the initial thrust of this thread (remember?) very relevant again. Pompey are fucked. Hull are fucked. Southend are fucked. Any more for any more?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Did you see Martinz's comments about Ferguson? Spot on. Of course he's deined making them now. Booooo

Anyway, seems a scan of the sports pages makes the initial thrust of this thread (remember?) very relevant again. Pompey are fucked. Hull are fucked. Southend are fucked. Any more for any more?

nice one Hucks i'm glad someone has picked this up. w all due respect to SAF i particularly thought Martinez was OTM wrt SAF's coterie of peers who back him to the hilt.

Birmingham w £40m in January as they have been bought out; the merry-go-round continues.

the NFL visit to Wembley actually spurred some of our back pages on to sensible reflections about how healthy greater transparency/following aspects of their model, would be from British club owners

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
just enjoyed those two youtube videos of ball boys making jens lehmann look like a bit of a clumsy, overeager prick.. :)

Lewis

Wild Horses
Marlon King sent down for 18 months and sacked by Wigan.

King was celebrating two occasions - his wife's latest pregnancy and the scoring of a winning goal - with a night out in the West End.

Prosecution lawyer Roger Daniells-Smith said King had struck up a conversation with his victim by saying: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire."

He groped the woman and she told him: "Don't do that, it's not nice. Don't touch me."

King was warned off her again but he continued to stroke the woman's hair and then told her she was not in his league, the court heard.

After she pushed him in the chest, King lost his temper and a moment of "completely gratuitous violence" led to him "smashing" the victim to the floor, jurors were told.

Two other people standing beside him were also knocked away as a result of the force of the blow he inflicted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8332029.stm

What an absolute cunt of a man. It'd be nice to think that's the end of his career but he'll be out in 9 months in all likelihood. Could have a club in time for the start of next season.

mixed_biscuits

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lewis

Wild Horses
The ref sent him to the stands for that as well! What a pedant.

Dragan Stojkovic: what a player.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

don_quixote

Trent End
did he play for red star?

i know everyone apparently hates the idea of a european super league, but if it was tactfully managed it could be properly franchised and managed so that teams like red star belgrade, ferencvaros, ajax, cska sofia, slavia prague, rapid vienna would probably have added anderlecht if they weren't a bunch of cunts could actually rise again. with managed finances, a high wage cap with equal tv funding for all teams, it could actually keep these teams full of proper home international players, instead of players like nemanya vidic going to man utd.

probably wouldn't though.

nomos

Administrator
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

jenks

thread death
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Thank you nomos :(:(:( - I had already spent the day wishing Redknapp et al had kept quiet and couldn't believe we had held out for forty minutes stifling VP and CF and then you guys score not once but twice in the space of 11 secs. I took the No1 son out for a cake and didn't let him know the score (he still believes Spurs will finish above Arsenal)

nomos

Administrator
:eek: oh dear. poor guy. i do wonder how it would have gone had spurs struck first, which seemed likely for a good chunk of that half.