Favourite jokes and one-liners.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
this one is maybe a little tired but i like it:
"I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted." - George Best.

hmn. i guess that isn't a joke or a one-liner... carry on!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Maybe a bit too mainstream but it made me laugh.

This city girl gets moved out of London to the countryside during the blitz and is terrified on hearing a twit-to-woo noise in the trees.

Wassat?
It's only an owl?
I know it was an owl but what owled it?

edit: dammit, just noticed I mispelled owl which kind of makes the whole thing make no sense.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"Where have you been Mrs Parker - we haven't seen you in a while."
"I've been fucking busy and vice versa."

IdleRich

IdleRich
In general I like ones where it hinges on a mispronunciation but it kinda works in reverse - I mean the person hears the other person's correct pronunciation of a word as a different word which they pronounce incorrectly eg

Sean Connery's agent phones him up and says - I've got a job for you tomorrow, but they want you pretty early, be there for ten-ish

Sean replies - Tenish? But I don't have a racket.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
In general I like ones where it hinges on a mispronunciation but it kinda works in reverse - I mean the person hears the other person's correct pronunciation of a word as a different word which they pronounce incorrectly eg

Sean Connery's agent phones him up and says - I've got a job for you tomorrow, but they want you pretty early, be there for ten-ish

Sean replies - Tenish? But I don't have a racket.

You heard Stewart Lee's riff on Ang Lee? Youtube it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"You heard Stewart Lee's riff on Ang Lee? Youtube it."
Nah but my girlfriend went to see him and she told me about it. You wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee was the main joke right?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Nah but my girlfriend went to see him and she told me about it. You wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee was the main joke right?

yeah, but much more about lee's story-telling abilities and ability to work every last laugh out of a situation.

mos dan

fact music
yeah, but much more about lee's story-telling abilities and ability to work every last laugh out of a situation.

his new set contains another 15minute long 'bit' revolving largely around one sentence repeated/extrapolated over and over. it's high-art comedy, but it's fucking funny.