Worst Mistake in History of Human Race

N

nomadologist

the 2 are very much related, and it's an interesting equation, but creative and ambition is not the same as libido and they each can exist without the other.

well, Freud disagreed. He thought art was just the product of repressed libido, or libido that couldn't find an outlet otherwise. That's what called "sublimation"...

zhao

there are no accidents
yes i'm familiar with that but i don't agree. i get very creative and produce better, or at least just as good, when I'm having lots of sex -- when the wolf is fed i feel like i can focus better on other things sometimes.

and if I'm less productive when i'm having lots of sex it's because girls takes up too much time :p

a healthy body and confident mind ...

Except that such - when unqualified - statements become indistinguishable from the incessant super-egoic injunction of today's reality principle, of capitalist realism, of emulating Arnold Schwarzenegger and his gym junk ...

with that said i do love my weed.

The telos (of lack), only permitted after the regime that produces 'a healthy body and confident mind.' 'Because I'm worth it!', as Jane Fonda, Bill Clinton, etc, like to squeal.

zhao

there are no accidents
Except that such - when unqualified - statements become indistinguishable from the incessant super-egoic injunction of today's reality principle, of capitalist realism, of emulating Arnold Schwarzenegger and his gym junk ...

it is not necessary that these statements are indestinguishable. what i choose to do with my life is distinguishable from what people like the Governator choose to do with theirs.

how can you fight for things you believe in, not to mention the enemy, if you are unhealthy? the physically unfit and sickly artist is such a damaging stereotype it pisses me off that people romanticise heron chic in relation to creativity.

artists need to stop falling victim to such stupid notions -- and empower themselves. physically, financially, politically, socially.

The telos (of lack), only permitted after the regime that produces 'a healthy body and confident mind.' 'Because I'm worth it!', as Jane Fonda, Bill Clinton, etc, like to squeal.

so i enjoy both excercising as well as a drink and a smoke, so what? you are implying that makes me a republican? what is your point exactly?

N

nomadologist

good points

N

nomadologist

so i enjoy both excercising as well as a drink and a smoke, so what? you are implying that makes me a republican? what is your point exactly?

he's talking more about the BwO in its capacity to become a force of resistance to capitalism...really BwOs are trying to attain to the schizophrenic's ability to resist capitalism...the whole discourse around "health" and the emphasis on it has been hijacked by capitalism, wouldn't you say?

exercise videos, protein powder, Arnold, etc.

zhao

there are no accidents
the whole discourse around "health" and the emphasis on it has been hijacked by capitalism, wouldn't you say?

so if capitalism co-opted "health", we should all become sickly to "become a force of resistance" to capitalism?

does that make sense to ANYONE out there?

capitalsim hijacked heroin chic too. as it did punk, hiphop, and affordable home furnishing. it hijacks everything. such is its nature. i don't feel like i need to spell out the rest of this argument.

it is not necessary that these statements are indestinguishable. what i choose to do with my life is distinguishable from what people like the Governator choose to do with theirs.

Absolutely.

how can you fight for things you believe in, not to mention the enemy, if you are unhealthy? the physically unfit and sickly artist is such a damaging stereotype it pisses me off that people romanticise heron chic in relation to creativity.

Sure, it's just that ideas of health extend far beyond the questionable notion of the body as well-oiled hierarchical machine in the service of some other. And surely today, the mediatized obsession is not with the 'sickly artist' but with the sickly performance-enhanced athlete/consumer?

artists need to stop falling victim to such stupid notions -- and empower themselves. physically, financially, politically, socially.

Disciplined resistence to the oppressive status quo is a sickly notion, as opposed to an extremely healthy one? Empower yourself: Get With The Programme (even as it kills you)?

As most of us do. It's the paradox here (getting 'healthy' in order to quickly abandon it, and vice versa, and then quickly reversing everything again) that serves as a symptom of the contemporary deadlock, not indulging in even more as a (ideological) 'solution' to it.

zhao

there are no accidents
Sure, it's just that ideas of health extend far beyond the questionable notion of the body as well-oiled hierarchical machine in the service of some other.

not sure if i understand this... are you saying that health is more than proscribed condition of optimum slave labor productivity? if you are, that is also what I am saying. so we agree?

And surely today, the mediatized obsession is not with the 'sickly artist' but with the sickly performance-enhanced athlete/consumer?

and...?

Disciplined resistence to the oppressive status quo is a sickly notion, as opposed to an extremely healthy one? Empower yourself: Get With The Programme (even as it kills you)?

why "opposed"? being healthy, overcoming all the roadblocks set up by the system such as addiction, is a part of disciplined resistance. and how is "getting with the (health) programme" going to "kill you"?

As most of us do. It's the paradox here (getting 'healthy' in order to quickly abandon it, and vice versa, and then quickly reversing everything again) that serves as a symptom of the contemporary deadlock, not indulging in even more as a (ideological) 'solution' to it.

yes this pretty accurately describes what happens with me i admit. but i don't have a huge problem with it. all things in moderation and all that. (even moderation MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D)

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

not sure if i understand this... are you saying that health is more than proscribed condition of optimum slave labor productivity? if you are, that is also what I am saying. so we agree?

but you didn't agree.

"heroin chic" is a now a cultural fossil from the 90s, Pete Doherty's "career" notwithstanding. it was capitalism at its finest, i agree.

but that does not mean that the inverse is anti-capitalist--that being "healthy" and "fit" can't be ways of falling in line. doesn't have to be, but health certainly doesn't get you to the BwO now does it? I mean, maybe some sort of blood-letting endurance sport could, I don't know...

N

nomadologist

so if capitalism co-opted "health", we should all become sickly to "become a force of resistance" to capitalism?

of course not. but certain mental illnesses, according to D&G, can get you "outside" the apparatus. they hated freud's emphasis on the neurotic. a perfect example of typical contemporary neurotic behavior is crash dieting, fad dieting, exercise bulimia, "powdered" nutrition, etc. our whole relationship to "embodiment" is umm problematic at best.

it's only taken me 25 years to begin to figure this out

I know the feeling ...

drunkgirls.jpg

nomadologist said:
"heroin chic" is a now a cultural fossil from the 90s

1950s/1960s 'heroin' chic!

I'm envious ... interesting - and rare - staged photo though.

zhao

there are no accidents
i like the brunette better than the blonde. i'm pretty sure.

(i checked the forum rules and posters are allowed 1 stupid comment per every 25 good ones. I have a little stack of them saved up)

Last edited:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
i like the brunette better than the blonde. i'm pretty sure.

(i checked the forum rules and posters are allowed 1 stupid comment per every 25 good ones. I have a little stack of them saved up)

Pssst, they're both brunettes (check the eyebrows).

goomba

DADADADADADAAAAAA!!!
ah, it must be so exciting joining your first discussion board

I apologize for not using quotations! It's such a terrible thing I have done that has concluded in the presumption that I am new to discussion boards!

There must have been something that touched a nerve in my original post to cause you to criticise me in two different occasions. What happened to freedom of speech? Or does it not count in your little world?

zhao

there are no accidents
goomba we all agree with matt b.

the only reason no one else has told you to read the posts before answering them is because we don't think you are worth our time.

now do something other than waste everyone's time or piss off.

goomba

DADADADADADAAAAAA!!!
goomba we all agree with matt b.

the only reason no one else has told you to read the posts before answering them is because we don't think you are worth our time.

now do something other than waste everyone's time or piss off.

Fair enough! I'll take it on the chin and leave then! Sorry to bother you all.

Cheers

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Fair enough! I'll take it on the chin and leave then! Sorry to bother you all.

Cheers

goomba, i don't want you to leave, but if you post please think about what you're writing and sort out the emboldened huge font bollocks.

ta!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Also, there are kids in Africa who've never even seen an exclamation mark, let alone used one, so please be a bit more sparing with them, eh?