Worst Mistake in History of Human Race

zhao

there are no accidents
hey goomba i apologize for sounding harsh. i don't want you to leave either. just read the posts and respond to them...

N

nomadologist

I know the feeling ...

drunkgirls.jpg

1950s/1960s 'heroin' chic!

I'm envious ... interesting - and rare - staged photo though.

heh looks like they haven't discovered the restorative powers of cocaine yet

heh looks like they haven't discovered the restorative powers of cocaine yet

nor yet read their D&G.

IF THERE'S NO BOOZE LEFT TO DRINK THEN GET YOURSELF AN EIGHTBALL!!

[though with that old valve radio in the background, picking up every transmission on the planet, they must have just heard Leary's 'drop out' transmission].

N

nomadologist

nor yet read their D&G.

IF THERE'S NO BOOZE LEFT TO DRINK THEN GET YOURSELF AN EIGHTBALL!!

[though with that old valve radio in the background, picking up every transmission on the planet, they must have just heard Leary's 'drop out' transmission].

roffle

zhao

there are no accidents
only takes 24-48 hours/three or four dime bags of decent shit to get back on the wagon

curious: how long / much did it take to get on the wagon for the first time?

people, usually having no first hand experience, will often say that you try it once and are immediately hooked. which is neither my personal experience nor the way i have heard seasoned junkies tell it: that it takes actually a long time and a lot of dope to gain a physical dependency - i've heard up to a month of daily use.

the problem with not having a dependency though (of course minor compared to the daily ordeal and eventual horror of addiction), is that each time i do it i feel sick and throw up for 20 minutes before the beautiful drone settles in. :confused:

N

nomadologist

curious: how long / much did it take to get on the wagon for the first time?

people, usually having no first hand experience, will often say that you try it once and are immediately hooked. which is neither my personal experience nor the way i have heard seasoned junkies tell it: that it takes actually a long time and a lot of dope to gain a physical dependency - i've heard up to a month of daily use.

the problem with not having a dependency though (of course minor compared to the daily ordeal and eventual horror of addiction), is that each time i do it i feel sick and throw up for 20 minutes before the beautiful drone settles in. :confused:

see, this is a hard question to answer, because for the first six months, i was stopping every couple of weeks and just dealing with somewhat milder withdrawal for a few days until i went out of my head and decided i couldn't take it. i would be in class and start having serious panic attacks and cold sweats as soon as one week after. i can say that i have felt serious withdrawal after only being on dope for two days, but i can't tell you when the breaking point was between when i was truly hooked and when i admitted i was to myself. this takes some people one day, some people six months. i was around 3 months, esp because i was smoking or blowing it at first, which of course people tell themselves is safer (even though snorting is a much easier and quicker way to OD because you can't control your dose very closely.)

once you've been hooked, though, and manage to get off completely, it really only takes one dose to get you back on. every time you relapse you do more and more and more. i was doing a bundle (10 dime bags at $70)/day for over a year...my boyfriend sometimes twice that...

N

nomadologist

Sod that, in the 50s you could walk down to your neighbourhood pharmacy and buy all the speed you wanted OTC!

sure could-- my grandma was a nurse and she says doctors used to hand out amphetamines on the night shift!

N

nomadologist

the problem with not having a dependency though (of course minor compared to the daily ordeal and eventual horror of addiction), is that each time i do it i feel sick and throw up for 20 minutes before the beautiful drone settles in

oh yeah everytime i go back on i vomit morningly for about a month till i adjust to the insane dose i'm giving myself...good shit will make you throw up if you snort a quarter of a dime the first time

i think this conversation has gone far enough

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's not clear how they plan on getting the energy back down to Earth.

People are getting pretty close to the wireless transmission of electricity, although at the moment I think they're only talking about a few metres at a pop, to power laptops and stuff. Still, once that's in the bag we need only perfect a working DEATH RAY for Tesla's vision of the future to be realised. Bring it on! :D

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Like in SimCity 2000 when the waves of energy beamed to your microwave power plant could miss and incinerate entire blocks.

Like in SimCity 2000 when the waves of energy beamed to your microwave power plant could miss and incinerate entire blocks.

Tea said:
... we need only perfect a working DEATH RAY for Tesla's vision of the future to be realised.

No need, it's already happening (the US MIC predictably taking its 'ideas' from assorted SF B-movies), and developed by a company called ... Raytheon! And currently being tested in ... Iraq (with a ready mass-market of 'cooperative' guinea pigs).

A heat-wave gun developed by Raytheon - euphemistically termed an Active Denial System by the US military, who have been working on the idea for a decade - is presently being tested in Iraq and is expected to be 'approved' by the Pentagon for deployment next year.

The heatwave weapon can, by contrast, target troublemakers from 750 metres. It works by dispatching high-powered radio waves from a vehicle antenna, similar to a satellite television dish, causing the molecules in a target's skin to vibrate violently, creating a burning sensation.

"We are pretty good at shouting and intimidating people and we have been perfecting the art of lethal warfare since Cain and Abel," he said. "But in places like Iraq we are re-learning that we need a response in the spectrum between shouting and shooting. The ADS provides this."

But he added: "This is not something we want to roll out and deploy and surprise people. We know we need to educate the public."

In fact the development of the weapon only became public after the Sunshine Project - a Texas-based group that campaigns against biological and chemical weapons - pushed for disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.

wdenial118.jpg

From Pioneering 'heat wave' gun may be used in Iraq

The spectrum between 'shouting and shooting'? Very catchy. Though I'm sure the Iraqis will quickly take to protecting themselves with tin-foil-covered cardboard boxes (I suppose Raytheon makes kitchen foil too, all markets covered) to avoid being microwaved in the spectrum between humanity's darkness and light ... Maybe that's what the military mean, above, by 'the need to educate the public.' One glance at those two psychofucks is more than sufficient to burn anyone up ...

luka

There was a time we were completely free, once children of Gaia & her subtle energies. The wind carried language, communication was instant, no words but direct universal gnosis. Psychic bridging was shared around the world, all one family applying the laws of nature to find purpose with a spiritual life in a physical world. The sky was our calendar, food was abundant & love our unified sense of being. Fear did not exist because truth extended beyond our material bodies undulating along a magnetic direction allowing fluidity in daily travel, completely aware of our past & future lives because time had no meaning. Doing the work of the Gods, feeding ourselves their gifts found in the psychedelic fungi & mineral deposits informing us of a universal broadcast from the divine consciousness of the fractal mind.

We all share these mythological roots as well historical amnesia about this Golden Age. Diverse archetypes in our self & ego express themselves powerfully in our subconscious moment to moment such as Fear & Love derived from our separation with source. Those born of fear took opportunity after cyclical catastrophes meant to evolve humanity, yet chose to manipulate the minds of many subjugating any resistance. Religion, the human desire to communicate directly with Nature, God, the Universe was co-opted & no longer could rightfully express itself without risk of persecution. Science, the thirst to question reality & challenge the status quo in search of imperiled truth was overcome by the influence of fear & like a disease its poison spread so as to obfuscate the cycles.

But there is nothing you cannot know, so we search the darkest void for a force that even the weight of emptiness cannot suppress, a spark of light igniting into a greater manifestation. Light penetrates all dark & we must know it too. This piece was my search to know all the love & light that ever was, is & could be. Gaia’s truth is awaiting your awakening as we are all one movement in this future primitive flow state of bliss & timeless space.

maxi

Chauvet was a bombshell. It is Aurignacian, and its earliest paintings are at least thirty-two thousand years old, yet they are just as sophisticated as much later compositions. What emerged with that revelation was an image of Paleolithic artists transmitting their techniques from generation to generation for twenty-five millennia with almost no innovation or revolt. A profound conservatism in art, Curtis notes, is one of the hallmarks of a “classical civilization.” For the conventions of cave painting to have endured four times as long as recorded history, the culture it served, he concludes, must have been “deeply satisfying”—and stable to a degree it is hard for modern humans to imagine.