alex

Do not read this.
Scratcha’s set @ Beyond was probably the best, and Fingaprint. They need to throw a deep/tech-ier thing I reckon.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
this was my favourite part of the show. who produced it? i know it's just a synthline but it's quite the little earworm.

Yeah really feeling those devil mixes, and Kripsy and G's bars over them. "Girl said I looked like David Baddiel, that's why she paid for her own meal'. LOL
Start of Part 2 of the recording has an epic game of Get Down Get Down too. Vibe of the whole show is quite bizzare (to me anyway) but in a good way.

Ory

warp drive
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sounds different from the first version though... geeneus added a pretty boring synth.

benw

aint heard the first version, but imo that (alongside kyla do u mind, the fives + ill blu roll deep remixes) is pretty perfect pop funky.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
And this
that mindblowing "Lion's Den" tune near the end of the 20 October Marcus set .

is just fantastic.
Comes in at about 90 mins on this (it's easy to spot, gets about 4 reloads...):
http://relay.exequo.org/rinsefm/podcast/MarcusNasty201010.mp3
Might clip out the exact bit and upload later if I can be bothered.
The whole show is worth a listen though - w/r/t the discussion upthread, quite a lot of the new tunes sound pretty well-produced (as far as I can tell, obv I'm not an expert) and def have enough different ideas going on to reward repeated/extended listening.

Also, it's been a while now, but if anyone didn't catch Marcus' show from 22nd September then they missed a real treat. Has some of the most obvious examples of what I'm talking about when I say the drums have gotten v junglistic. Download link has expired but I can upload if anyone wants it.

Benny Bunter

^ yeah up that one please Andy, is that the all-instrumentals one? Been listening a lot to the most recent Marcus Nasty show, its brilliant from start to finish. Nice to have Shantie back, I get a bit tired of Ranking when he's just on his own for a full show.

Its funny, thinking back to when I first started checking out funky in late 08, I remember thinking Marcus Nasty wasn't all that great a dj, it took me a little while to get into it. But I'm fairly sure his skills have improved massively since then. His trademark fast mixing really keeps the energy levels up and he's got all the best dubs.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yeah that's the one, I'll get it uploading now. I agree that his mixing seems to have come on a lot.
It's weird, sometimes I used to find Ranking just slightly irritating, but I think I've finally grown to really like him (only taken 2 years lol). He sames to have taken his sex-chat up another notch lately, it feels wrong listening to it at work even on headphones...

gumdrops

what happened to that katy b and ms dynamite song?! maybe the radio rip i had/remember hearing was very different or not the whole thing but it sounds like complete cheese now. katy b has turned into one of my favourite 'really hope she gets big' artists to someone im not sure i care that much about anymore.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I dunno though, I guess it's possible that when this actually comes out for sale they'll include both versions. Hope they do.