Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Also don't want to go into radio set overload, but here is the Smoove Kriminal show with Major Notes guesting that I was talking about:
http://vulive.co.uk/content/2010/10/26/smoove-kriminal-on-deja-vu-–-mon-18th-october-2010-2/

Tracklisting:

Africa – Murdz 86

Sexy Sexy – Rudimental Feat. Natalie May (Smoove Kriminal Special)

Countdown – Mista Bee (Exclusive)

Soulful House Music – Rudimental

Sickness – L.R. Groove

That Bitch – Livvi Franc (Major Notes Remix)

Street Tribal Gang – Smokeoffski Productions

Childs Play – L.R. Groove (Smoove Kriminal)

Enigma – Major Notes

You Get Air Pie – Murdz 86

March To The Tribal – Major Notes Feat. Dappa MC (Smoove Kriminal Special)

See The Light – Pepesoup (Version Tribe)

Flip The Script – Shay & Sinista

Inside Out – Mista Bee

Touch Down – Don Haffer

Pressure – Mr Solo

Emotions – Carnao Beats Feat. Poltaliana (Exclusive)

Darkwing – Smoove Kriminal

Friend of Mine – Major Notes Feat. Melody

Love Strong – Carnao Feat. Kadey James (Exclusive)

Falling In Love – Stephani Kriss (Major Notes Remix)

-/*\- Major Notes Interview -/*\-

Background Music: Falling In Love – Stephani Kriss (Major Notes Instrumental Mix)

-/*\- Major Notes Exclusive 30 Minute Mix -/*\-

Only Girl – Rihanna (Major Notes Remix)

Beyonce – Sweet Dreams (Major Notes Remix)

Tell You Y – ATFC Vs Major Notes

March To The Tribal – Major Notes Feat. Dappa MC

Friend of Mine – Major Notes Feat. Melody

Energy – Major Notes

Hell No – Major Notes

Karma – Major Notes

Benny Bunter

It's World on Fire by DJ Sdoko, some South African bizness iirc:
Def sounds like it could have been a Bassboy or Champion type beat though. Maxwell sounds pretty good over it too.

Aha! You know what, I'm sure I asked for an id for this on here before but I'd forgotten it again! Petchy's been caning this one hasn't he?

And you can actually buy it too! Only just discovered this amazing website for the first time. loads of brilliant SA stuff on there: http://www.afrodesiamp3.com/catalog/index.php

Blackdown

nexKeysound
@Rinsefm l8r with @MARCUSNASTY b2b @SUPA D FT @MCVERSATILE @SHANTIEMC @RAMZEEMUSIC @MCCRAZY702 @RANKING @coldsteps @TOPSEE @BRIMES ITS ON

10 MCs, screaming down the mic for rewinds, talking about "not being an MC but an artist..." This is basically a grime set lol...

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Seven months old or whatever but its all good SA stuff.

Edit: great stuff all over that soulcandi soundcloud as it goes.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Re the latest Marcus MC special, I prob need to give it another couple of listens, but my basic impression from hearing it live was that it was ok but could have been better. It was nice to hear Topsee on Rinse, and nice also to hear some more new MCs coming through, plus Supa D played some good beats that I hadn't heard before. But on the downside, quite a lot of the time it felt a bit clumsy and chaotic to me - which I guess is inevitable when you have so many MCs on one set, a lot of whom don't often work together. 2 or 3 MCs who are used to each other is a good number for a 'normal' set I reckon.

Benny Bunter

Re the latest Marcus MC special, I prob need to give it another couple of listens, but my basic impression from hearing it live was that it was ok but could have been better. It was nice to hear Topsee on Rinse, and nice also to hear some more new MCs coming through, plus Supa D played some good beats that I hadn't heard before. But on the downside, quite a lot of the time it felt a bit clumsy and chaotic to me - which I guess is inevitable when you have so many MCs on one set, a lot of whom don't often work together. 2 or 3 MCs who are used to each other is a good number for a 'normal' set I reckon.

Agree. It did seem a bit like overkill.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
And you can actually buy it too! Only just discovered this amazing website for the first time. loads of brilliant SA stuff on there: http://www.afrodesiamp3.com/catalog/index.php

Yeah, I never use afrodesia as much as I should but it's very useful, a lot of good music on there.
Also obv enough I'm happy that House Girls is finally coming out for sale properly. Rewrote The Chapter is decent too but to me a slightly odd choice to put out given all the other tune Mad One has kicking about. Hey-ho though, not going to moan too much as it's great that he's finally getting stuff out to the public.

Benny Bunter

I thought Topsee and Shantie really stood out as the best MCs in that set. But dl that Petchy set I posted last week for the real deal I reckon. Here's the link again: http://www.mediafire.com/?bsbm3nejkaxibi1

Really liked DPO on that set too who I hadn't heard before. I tend to like the Cockney Geezer types the best. I could listen to that accent all day.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ The 22nd September set is closer to being like a fully instro one because it's just Shantie and Ranking, and although they're quite active right through they mostly follow the beats rather than shout across them. I know what you mean though, it would be interesting for him to do something totally without MCS or vocals just to hear what it's like.

Edit: this bit in reply to continuum not Benny, I always forget to quote.
Had no idea this one was out btw, only occured to me to even look this morning -
Shay and Sinista - Flip The Script EP:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/flip-the-script-ep/1618125-02/
This is easily the best thing they've do so far imo. Earlier bits I'd heard by them mostly just sounded 'ok' to me, but this is as real step forward. Hadn't heard Better Dayz before but it's lovely. And in keeping with the above discussion I'd really like to hear some good MCs going over Glitch In The System.
(These are yet more Midlands dudes btw. Continuum will no doubt be pleased :) ).

For U is finally out, for those still interested:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/for-u/1654274-02/?highlight=FUNKYSTEPZ FOR U

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Hey, that Shay and sinister ep sounds great, cheers Andy. There's definitely been a marked improvement in releases recently. I spent about £30 on juno the other day.

edit: listening to some of the other S&S stuff on Juno now. These guys are really good!

Last edited: