Algierstwin

anyone recording scholar t sets these days...? my schedule means im out of the house without fail every monday between 5 and 7 so im kinda suffering now that Rinse have shut down the podcast system.

elgato

I just dont know
hadn't realised Kentphonik were South African, i had assumed they were American, don't know why really. shows what i know!

can anyone give me a primer on South African house? i know about DJ Cleo and a couple others from Mister Sloane's very kind contributions a few months back, but any other information would be great...

Algierstwin

hadn't realised Kentphonik were South African, i had assumed they were American, don't know why really. shows what i know!

can anyone give me a primer on South African house? i know about DJ Cleo and a couple others from Mister Sloane's very kind contributions a few months back, but any other information would be great...

same would be appreciated at my end.

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
Here's an interesting interview with MC Versatile that touches upon the role of MCs in Funky,''Funky Anthem'' and Ministry Of Sounds mishandling of ''Tell Me''.

Last edited:

doom

Public Housing
just realised the vibraphone track is by kentphonik too! sunday showers!!!!

This is that tune that if you don't have the 'right' tune to mix out of it will hurt you in the mix!

SA House;

DJ Mbuso, Andy X, DJ Mobi, DJ Sdunkero, Steavy Boy, Mzekezeke

... all make cracking tracks around 120-125bpm that vibe w/ UK sounds.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Here's an interesting interview with MC Versatile that touches upon the role of MCs in Funky,''Funky Anthem'' and Ministry Of Sounds mishandling of ''Tell Me''.

"Hosting flows got the ravers on their toes"

I love this interview

gumdrops

some of those SA house tracks are really good! :) i fucking love that katy b tune as i do. last weeks wigman show filling in for marcus nasty wasnt bad btw - some good tracks on there, although a few too many boring soulful house ones too. still think that roska tune from his current ep is a bit overrated. really dont like that 'uh-uh' sound.

Last edited: