Corpsey

bandz ahoy
slackk, can you give me that link to the hardhouse banton set again?

It's great and I want to link someone I know :D

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
^ thanks mate

''go ahead and keep on dancing, i've got pills'' - are people at funky raves on pills/coke?

Last edited:

faustus

Footloose 1xtra 04/11

Producer Spotlight – MA1

DJ MA1 – I’m Right Here (Karnival Music)
DJ MA1 ft Sim Simi – Give It Up (Original & M. Sadler Mix) (Karnival Music)
Hanna Hais – Ta Reine (DJ MA1 Remix) (CDR)
DJ Spen – 4 Da Luv (DJ MA1 Remix) (CDR)
DVA – I’m Leaving (DJ MA1 Remix) (Powerhouse)
Crazy Cousinz – Bongo Jam (DJ MA1 Remix)
Tribal Audio (MA1 Production) – Tunnel Vision (from The Green Mile EP) (Carnival Music)

Sayer – Lil’ Man (DJ Q Remix)
Footloose ft Simone – Just Leave (Roska Mix)
Perempay N Dee ft Katie Pearl – In The Air (Bopstar’s Wonky Mix) (Full Balance)

i just left on a few extra tracks at the end - that dj q tune is huge

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9k2mvb

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
''go ahead and keep on dancing, i've got pills'' - are people at funky raves on pills/coke?

There's no particular culture to follow with funky. People do whatever it is they've been doing over years in order to have a good time. Some do, some don't even drink. :D

hint

party record with a siren
Zinc going fidget/electro house? Would be very interesting to hear his own take on that!

This is the one floating about at the moment. More of a return to the 138 Trek style sound, but with a 4x4 kick:

"Killa Sound" ft No Lay

gumdrops

ha - that zinc track has no lay on it. dont love that song, but it at least has a certain toughness about it that a lot of funky doesnt.

edit - i take that back.
this skanker tune by lighter is nuts.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's no particular culture to follow with funky. People do whatever it is they've been doing over years in order to have a good time. Some do, some don't even drink. :D

Makes sense haha

Interesting though as you can hear some pretty ravey (as in early 90s) sounds in some funky tunes, I wonder if thats an influence that has been underplayed? I saw on Prancehall's blog he was comparing the sound of some funky tunes to bleep n bass. Part of whats great about the harder stuff M Nasty plays is how ravey it can be...

gumdrops

i came on to say the same thing. did wanna hear tubby and newhams but could be interesting. wouldnt mind hearing footsie and dee over some of these beats in fact.

faustus

marcus nasty playing a new producer mario tune (know elgato likes him!)

called 'black president', samples barack obama. got a big swing