thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's like living next door someone who practises the crossbow while wearing a police jacket and thinking 'oh good, I'm so happy to be protected by such a skilled marksman' before learning the chap had been fired from the police 7 years ago after having gone postal on the force's firing range...puts things in a different perspective.

Not really, in Türkiye we shoot in the air when our favourite team wins at the football. this is a weakness in your pitiful English constitution.

Even a brother like Kevin Campbell, when he was at trabzonspor, his team mates pissed themselves laughing at him the first time when he was in the coach going back to the airport because a trabzon fan had a shooter and he was crouching down.

mixed_biscuits

Even a brother like Kevin Campbell, when he was at trabzonspor, his team mates pissed themselves laughing at him the first time when he was in the coach going back to the airport because a trabzon fan had a shooter and he was crouching down.
Looks like Turkish football has lost its subtle understanding of boundaries recently because hasn't the government been shutting down the whole game to not much avail?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Looks like Turkish football has lost its subtle understanding of boundaries recently because hasn't the government been shutting down the whole game to not much avail?

no it's still going. same amount of guns, same amount of fighting, same cunts at fener inaugurating the we'll pull out of the league festival. 4 times in the last 6 years. great publicity stunt
for them.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Even the Sun and the Mail are pretty furious about this Israeli air strike that's killed some British aid workers. Not that I expect it to lead to a substantive shift in direction for UK policy, but I do wonder if it signals a general change in attitudes to Israel on the right.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
it's a never ending nightmare, every literal day there is some sort of news story that makes you sick in the stomach...

"Just this week, two prisoners had their legs amputated due to handcuff injuries, which unfortunately is a routine event," the physician said in the letter. He said inmates are fed through straws, defecate in diapers, and are held constant restraints, which violate medical ethics and the law.

He stressed that all the patients at the hospital set up at Sde Teiman are handcuffed by all four limbs, regardless of how dangerous they are deemed. They are blindfolded and fed through a straw. "Under these conditions, in practice, even young and healthy patients lose weight after a week or two of hospitalization," the physician said. He added that the hospital doesn't receive regular supplies of medical equipment or medicine.

In addition to the allegations made by the doctor, three other sources told Haaretz that at the start of the war, a detainee whose hands were injured because they were in plastic handcuffs for a prolonged period of time had one hand amputated. An IDF spokesperson stated that the incident was investigated, but because no criminal offense was found, it was decided not to open a military police investigation.

shakahislop

the world central kitchen attack is really unique. I can't think of a time that that has happened before, where (international) aid workers have been attacked by a proper air force in such a deliberate way.

hard to know if you're not actually there but the level of violence reminds me of the US military after 9/11. a panic where normal restraint is suspended. it's a mood more than anything that allows these norms-breaking things to happen.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
knew the missile was coming but nothing prepares you for it when it happens
it's so bleak. you walk next to your mate and from one second to the other, he or she is gone, removed from the world, removed from life, blown into pieces. i've seen footage from ukraine that shocked me in a similar way, you see kamikaze drones, relatively small drones, that fly after soldiers and detonate when they are really close. they fly through windows and gaps real easy so there's no way to escape.

100% dystopian

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
the world central kitchen attack is really unique. I can't think of a time that that has happened before, where (international) aid workers have been attacked by a proper air force in such a deliberate way.

hard to know if you're not actually there but the level of violence reminds me of the US military after 9/11. a panic where normal restraint is suspended. it's a mood more than anything that allows these norms-breaking things to happen.
except it's not unique, more than 196 aid workers have been killed already. how much of those were deliberate i don't know.

shakahislop

except it's not unique, more than 196 aid workers have been killed already. how much of those were deliberate i don't know.
it is a bit unique. rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly), 'international' aid workers and 'local' aid workers are treated very differently. there's loads of reasons why that's the case and it's a complicated thing to unravel, even if the morality of it is straightforward on the face of it. international aid workers are very protected

In some places international aid workers are deliberately targeted and attacked. But that is by people like al shabab, daesh, or the taliban. Not by a government. this one was extremely targeted and deliberate.

killing nearly 200 un employees is in itself a first. nothing like that has happened since 1945, not even close. In aid terms they are disregarding all norms

droid

Lebanon 2006

neutrality-of-aid-pic.jpg

Gaza 2024